Ordo Fanaticus Warhammer Fantasy Battle Ladder League

Week one down! Just waiting on some scores from 2 players and I will have the ranks posted. I believe there is already a challenge for next week: Murphy's Lawyer (Empire) vs. Nephren-Ka (Ogres). 

If you have not signed up for the league yet and would like to just shoot me a PM. Then pick someone on the list and throw out a challenge. Come play some fun games of Warhammer!

Hi, Ive never been to OF but would love to get more games. My goblins are itching for a fight.

You are welcome to come down and check us out. Heck, challenge one of us in the battle ladder and ensure a game! :rolleyes: We start at 4 on Sundays. I hope to see you there!

RD

Hi, Ive never been to OF but would love to get more games. My goblins are itching for a fight.

Make sure to consult this thread for exact directions to get to WOW. If the door latch won't go down, push in a little bit on the door and then try the latch. Sometimes it tricks people into thinking it is locked, but it is just old!

There is a quite a fantastic crew of people who show up on Sunday night. Bringing candy/snacks will make sure Raindog skips the hazing phase and goes straight to friendsmanship (not required of course!).

Come on down and enjoy.

• Like 1

Murphy's Lawyer, I challenge thee to a 2000pt game this Sunday.

Damn. Your dainty lacey glove used in challenges got Much Bigger I see. Is that a piece of cheek hanging from the added mail and spikes?

I accept even though I do remember challenging you earlier. But you declined because you we're busy refitting that glove of yours.

Question, could I join this in a few weeks?  I am waiting for a few models to get to me and I should have the majority of my Dwarf OFCC army assembled within the week.  I have no idea how to play Dwarfs and will need some much needed practice.  This will also encourage me to get this crap painted.

Yes, you can join any time. 

Question, could I join this in a few weeks?  I am waiting for a few models to get to me and I should have the majority of my Dwarf OFCC army assembled within the week.  I have no idea how to play Dwarfs and will need some much needed practice.  This will also encourage me to get this crap painted.

Of course. Just let me know when you are ready to be added.

Week 2 Rankings:

gallery_1104_12_51421.jpg

Quick reminder that next week is the Raindog Rampage. The Ladder League will be postponed for the week so everyone attend the Rampage and have a great time. Because of the break I expect everyone to get some painting done and max out the painting points available. To entice people to do this I will increase the max bonus points you can get for painting to 250 for June 7th! Check the Bonus Points section in the first post to see what each type of model is worth.

New players are always welcome to join in. Just shoot me a PM with your name and what army you want to play. Issue a challenge for June 7th and get painting. Someone needs to take down Raindog a few pegs!

I have also decided to change the rules ever so slightly. We are going to split bonus points into 2 categories. There will be Bonus Game Points and Hobby Points. The Hobby Points section will be seporated out of your victory points and I will create a new category called Overall Points. Your rank on the ladder will be determined by Overall Points. 

eg:

Name | Screen Name  | Army     | Overall Points  | Victory Points | Hobby Points |

Eric    | Raindog          | WE       |        4635          |      4615         |      20             |

This way any painting points will stay regardless of how the players game goes. I really want people to be painting as well as playing and I feel keeping those points separate and unable to be taken away with one bad game. Let me know what you guys think. This is the first league like this I have run and it is somewhat an experiment. 

Ok, I made some updates to the rules to reflect my initial desire for painting for this league. I created a new category called Hobby Points that will be insulated from weekly games. I also added in a way to get Hobby Points without painting a model. You can now get Conversion Points as well!!!!

Here is the updated Rankings that reflect the changes I made to scoring. Most people have only played 1 game so far so it was easy and did not affect anything.

gallery_1104_12_101993.jpg

Please look over the rules quickly in the first post and note the changes to Bonus Points.

Also remember this:

Because of the break I expect everyone to get some painting done and max out the painting points available. To entice people to do this I will increase the max bonus points you can get for painting to 250 for June 7th! Check the Bonus Points section in the first post to see what each type of model is worth.

One last thing. MexicanNinja has joined with Dark Elves!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to go ahead and cancel the ladder league. Due to the time requirements of my job this summer and fall I will not have the time to keep up with this. 

This is something I would like to start back up when I have a job with much more reasonable hours. That should hopefully be after the election in November. I know Raindog will likely be doing the Escalation League then so I am aiming for this to start back up at the beginning of 2015.