Warcry book a bit confusing

Brother Glacius

I must be getting old. I've been trying to read through the Warcry book and it just does not make a whole lot of sense to me. I'm not sure if its the layout or what. The specific rules and such I guess are fine (movement and the like) but the various forms of play and such just leave me scratching my head. Hopefully I can make it to one of the Tuesday game nights and see it in action.

That campaign path thing with choosing a quest and then some thing about points of convergence?

"too... much...terminology...."

Not a fan of the side panels being pure fluff too. I'm used to other books containing actual rules clarifications and the like within them..so to look at the pages, then focus on the side panel that has nothing to do with the rules I'm reading...again...getting too old to learn new stuff I guess. God help us though to expect a little consistency. 

On the bright side, I'm really stoked about painting up my undead models and am actually looking forward to fielding a Nagash warband.

Ah that all ties into the Narrative Campaign, arguably the most complicated and advanced way to play the game. For normal games you would just ignore all of that.

Basically for most Warbands you choose a quest for them to undertake for the entirety of the narrative campaign. The chaos warbands have two to choose from and the AoS warbands only have one quest to choose from (for now). Convergence battles happen at key points in your narrative campaign that tie into your overall campaign. Basically there are really cool battles that you have to win to progress in your campaign.