Battle for Deathcap Junction: Tactic Cards HOUSE RULE

Josiah

1064301218_DCJBanner.thumb.png.46e97dc17230e47249b141994f94b911.png

I've been thinking a lot about how unbalanced the standard tactic card rules are for Necromunda. I've talked to Ninefinger a lot about this. The problem is that there is a HUGE disparity in power between the best cards (i.e. "...click") and the worst cards ("Frag Trap"). As a result, players tend to over-rely on the most powerful cards in any scenario that allows them to choose their starting hand. In my opinion this is bad for the game. Player strategies become repetitive, and battles start feeling too samey. This problem is further compounded by gangs like Delaque, who have a handful of House-specific cards that are arguably overpowered.

Ninefinger and I wanted to make it so that players weren't using the same cards every single battle, but we also wanted to give players access to enough cards to build a winning strategy.  As a result, Ninefinger and I developed the following rules, and we're gonna try them out in the Deathcap Junction campaign.

House Rules about Tactics Cards:

1. Every player will need a set of 12 tactics cards.
  2. Players will be allowed to change out two tactics cards per week (starting the second week) as their strategies evolve throughout the course of the campaign.
  3. If the scenario says there is a random draw of cards, then players will simply draw the proscribed number of cards at random. (No rules change here.)
  4. However, if the scenario says that players can choose a number of cards, then the player will draw TWICE that number. The player will then discard unwanted cards until they are left with only the proscribed number of cards in their hand.
  5. For example, if a scenario says to choose three cards, the player will draw six cards, and they will choose three cards from that pool of six to comprise their hand for the duration of the battle.

Feel free to let me know if you have any thoughts about these rules. I look forward to starting our campaign tomorrow.

• Like 3

I've seen people writing about how OP those two cards are, but I think they're from sets I never bought, so I was unfamiliar with them. Until just now I was like, "They can't be that bad, right?"

Two quick google searches later, and OMFG. I definitely think we should ban those two cards. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 2