Infernal Zoo Lists

What are y’all bringing?! This is probably what I am submitting. 

Warriors of the Dark Gods
720 - Sorcerer, Evocation, Wizard Master, Battleshrine, Aether Icon, Plate Armour, Alchemist's Alloy, Obsidian Rock
580 - Chosen Lord, General, Envy, War Dais, Shield, Dusk forged, Hell Forged Armour, Burning Portent (Hand Weapon), Dragonfire Gem
500 - Barbarian Chief, Wasteland Behemoth, Heavy Armour, Great Weapon
220 - Sorcerer, Alchemy, Wizard Adept, Light Armour
507 - 18x Warriors, Standard Bearer, Flaming Standard, Musician, Champion
155 - 15x Barbarians, Musician
120 - 8x Warhounds
120 - 8x Warhounds
489 - 3x Chosen Knights, Pride, Musician, Champion
489 - 3x Chosen Knights, Pride, Musician, Champion
300 - Marauding Giant, Tribal Warspear 
300 - Marauding Giant, Tribal Warspear 

• Like 1

I'm in a pickle. I like the list that I brought to OFCC, but I feel like I need more spells, especially ones I can use while engaged in combat. If I get a big magic phase and I'm in combat, I might only be able to use two, and I don't like throwing 5 dice at spells. To that end, I moved some points around and picked up a Rod of Battle. However, I've also thought about Lightning Vambraces or dropping the Rakachit entirely for another Patriarch, who would have two spells and a Flail. I'l probably stick with Rod of Battle for this tournament at least, unless someone has a convincing argument otherwise. Also, I dropped the Stalker's Standard on the Brotherhood for the Flaming Standard. I hate Trolls.

The Vermin Swarm
725 - Plague Patriarch, General, Occultism, Wizard Adept, Plague Flail, Plague Pendulum, Light Armor, Book of Arcane Mastery
355 - Chief, BSB, Heavy Armor, Shield, Basalt Infusion, Hero's Heart, Vermin Hulk Bodyguard
275 - Rakachit Machinist, Ratlock Pistols, Crown of the Wizard King, Rod of Battle

120 - 10 Footpads
120 - 10 Footpads
140 - 20 Giant Rats
300 - 20 Plague Brotherhood, FC, Flaming Standard
459 - 38 Rats-at-Arms, FC, Spears, Banner of the Endless Swarm

150 - Meat Grinder
238 - 12 Plague Disciples
90 - 2 Rat Swarms
485 - 4 Thunder Hulks, Champion, Globe Launcher

305 - Dreadmill
150 - 4 Jezails
150 - 4 Jezails
170 - Plague Catapult
265 - Lightning Cannon

Unfortunately, I don't have any Abomination models, so I can't theme it up for the Zoo.

Same as OFCC, just swapped the magic path and an armor enchantment:

Shaman
-General
-Wizard Master (Shamanism)
-Iron First
-Light Armor
-Talisman of the Void
-Gut Roarer

Khan
-BSB
-Iron First
-Heavy Armor
-Lygur's Tongue
-Karkadan's Resilience
-Cult Leader

Mammoth Hunter
-Scout
-Iron First
-Wrestler's Belt
-Lucky Charm
-Trolleater

Mammoth Hunter
-
Scout
-Iron First
- Death Cheater
-Spinesplitter

10 Bruisers
-Full Command
-Banner of the Great Grass Sky

3 Tribesman

3 Tribesman

3 Bombardiers

3 Bombardiers

Rock Auroch
-Lance

Rock Auroch
-Lance

Slave Giant
-Great Weapon

•  
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BenKerr said:

You could drop the wizard hat and rod of battle, and rat swarms and 1 clanrat and get a naked magister for 2 spells for witchcraft which could give you some good hexes/buffs. Or thaum for another missile or debuff. Idk now set you are on the rat swarms

That's a very specific answer. Hmm. How attached am I to the Rat Swarms... A Witchcraft Magister was one of my solutions but I dropped the Thunder Hulks down to Vermin Hulks for it.

Same dwarf list that I brought to OFCC, and that you dispatched when we played at GG.

King + Shield Bearers + 2x Might + 1x Destruction + 1x Shielding + Shield

Rune Smith + 1x Iron + 1x Lightning + 1x Harnessing + 3x Battle Runes

20x Greybeards + HW/S + FC

25x Warriors + Spear/S + FC

10x Marksmen + Shields + Guild Handguns + Music

19x Deep Watch + Aether Banner + FC

16x Kings Guard + Wisdom Banner + FC

10x Miners + Paired Weapons + Throwing Weapons + Music

1x Vengeance Seeker

1x Gyro Bomber

1x Grudge Buster

1x Organ Gun

1x Cannon

Super plain, no funny business kind of list

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BenKerr said:

Quick maths! I don’t think dropping the hulks down to regular ones is worth it. But I think a couple clan rats, some swarms, and a couple magic items might. Also gives you another channel too. 

Hmm. Looking at Witchcraft, I see, in order, a movement spell, a spell that is effectively +1 to hit (and go first I guess) a, shooting hex and The Wheel Turns, which I feel would be dangerous for my Pendulum in most circumstances. Great Weapon units notwithstanding.

Thaum I see a Magic Missile, a great hex, an decent hex and a breath weapon.

Considering my worse case scenario with the Crown of the Wizard King is a Magic Missile (pyro, alchemy) and Rod of Battle... Thaum might be the way to go.

My choices end up being:

1. Raven's Wing and Deceptive Glamour
  2. Hand of Heaven/Cleansing Fire and Smite the Unbeliever
  3. Random Spell and Rod of Battle.

I'll probably just roll a dice before list submission 🙂

Melee Attacks made by R&F models in the target unit are set to wound on a 4+, and Close Combat Attacks made by R&F models in the target unit additionally are set to hit on a 4+, regardless of Offensive Skill, Defensive Skill, Strength, and Resilience. Apply this effect before other to-hit and to-wound modifiers.

I removed the boosted version for clarity. Yes, the spell won't cause my Pendulum to wound on a 4+ as it is not a Rank and File model, but wouldn't it force my opponent to wound me on 4s? It doesn't say "attacks made by R&F models towards R&F models", just "attacks made by R&F models". 

I always assumed it meant only R&F both ways because of how the boosted is worded. But I could be playing it wrong. I guess it could potentially hurt you then. I just knew I couldn’t use it as a hex to make killing enemy monster characters easier, never thought about it making my big characters easy to kill. Maybe ask the forum rules section for clarification 

11 hours ago, valourunbound said:

I removed the boosted version for clarity. Yes, the spell won't cause my Pendulum to wound on a 4+ as it is not a Rank and File model, but it wouldn't it force my opponent to wound me on 4s? It doesn't say "attacks made by R&F models towards R&F models", just "attacks made by R&F models". 

That's the most honest, straightforward, and amicable rules evaluation that has ever come from a trixy, cheating, rules ignoring vermin swarm player such as yourself. 

Are you turning to the good side now?

3 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

Are you turning to the good side now?

Of course not. I just have to trick people into using it to their detriment... like @Jason when I cast -1 to hit on his catapult.. that couldn't shoot that turn.

@BenKerr I searched the T9A forums and 85% of the mentions for The Wheel Turns were in Dread Elf threads. The other 15% were in the rules question thread along the lines of "do I still get weapon bonuses". 

I am feeling Witchcraft still. If the enemy has a big unit of S6 or S7 (Feldraks, Bruisers, Winged Reapers), it could be very useful. Otherwise I just need to figure out how to use Raven's Wing properly. I.E. not bum-rushing the opponent.  It's like not flooring the gas pedal or not mag dumping, neither of which I am very good at.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...