Jain Zar model inbound

dalmer

Honestly, the main thing 40k needs is GW to adopt a new favorite child for an edition, just any single edition. Space Marines are very, very developed, to the point where this edition they had to re-write the fluff in order to sell new models. How many new primaris kits have we seen this edition?

And then we look at Eldar, who are barely included in the new model line. How many new kits have they gotten this edition?

GW always retreats behind sale numbers, but the reality is that they don't give the attention to the other armies that would enable sales. Pick another favorite child and see if you can make them compete with marines.

I'd like to see their next big "event" revolve around a conflict that doesn't have Chaos as the instigator and puts the Space Marines in a supporting rile. 

Have a Tyranid hive-fleet invade the Tau Empire and threaten T'au itself; Have both Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka and Asdrubael Vect throw down; Do something, anything, with the Necrons... 

• Like 1

Basically, just set up the story so that they're there -- We don't want to completely alienate (pun intended) such a significant portion of the player-base -- just frame the story so that the focus of the narrative isn't on them. When the Third War for Armageddon or the Eye of Terror world-wide campaigns were being waged, the focus was Imperium vs. Orcs and Imperium vs. Chaos... But they found ways to loop in the other factions and give them something to do. 

They should just flip that around. Point the camera, metaphorically speaking, in a different direction. At least for one event... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brother Glacius said:

The link you tossed up includes the new book as well, not just the box set. FYI.

I see that. I just am hard pressed to see it as $270 worth of product. But I don't play Eldar, so I was legitimately wondering if it was worth buying at that price.