Shadowrun 6th edition

Inquisitor66

I am interested in running some missions of Shadowrun 6th edition.  Anyone up to be a player for this?  My preference would be to run on Tuesdays.  I have pretty extensive experience running past editions of Shadowrun, no experience with the system is required.  Either PM me or respond to this topic if you are interested.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Inquisitor66 said:

I am interested in running some missions of Shadowrun 6th edition.  Anyone up to be a player for this?  My preference would be to run on Tuesdays.  I have pretty extensive experience running past editions of Shadowrun, no experience with the system is required.  Either PM me or respond to this topic if you are interested.

i dont know the differences in editions and would be happy to give this a shot!

There is a Shadowrun "League" at GG on Tuesday nights. Random GMs and random players in pre-generated single single session missions sort of thing.

As far as I can tell from a cursory skim of their forums, the league is 5e until the company officially updates the league to the new edition. Still, might be a good place to go to find like-minded shadowrun enthusiasts, like if you need more players.

8d70c82d9c8dcf158efa8b0de2468caf--ball-jointed-dolls-bjd-dolls.jpg
Exorcist 

Real Name Siobhan O'Donovan
Team Role Face / Magical Support 
Ethnicity & Metatype Irish-American Elf                        
Born 2052 Sex Female Height 6'0"  Weight 150 lbs.  

Description
Christian Theurgists are generally uncomfortable around spirits and summoning, Siobhan O'Donovan is one of the few exceptions to that rule. Orphaned after her parents where victims of the Universal Brotherhood incident of 2055, Siobhan was taken in by a Catholic orphanage just outside of Chicago. When she was in her early teens, her latent magical talent began to manifest and she was taken in by the Order of St. Sylvester. The Order of St. Sylvester is a Catholic-ordained order of monks, priests, and lay people dedicated to the use of beneficial magic, promote magical awareness within the Church, and to investigate magical phenomena.

O'Donovan was educated up to a high school graduate by the Order, but given more in-depth schooling on magical theory and exorcism rites. Since taking to the shadows, under the name of Exorcist, O'Donovan has earned a rep for taking on a wide variety of mission ranging from the charitable to the reprehensible. But whatever she does, there's always a certain tinge of moral superiority of a holy crusader.

Exorcist has cultivated a large network of friends, allies, and associates in her short-time in Seattle. Most are the short of shady, street-level ne'er-do-wells that most folks in the shadows seem to know... But she's also on good terms with the local Bishop, for reasons that neither one of them will divulge

Race C (Elf / 9) Attributes A (24) Magic D (Aspected Summoner / Magic 2) Skills B (24) Resources E (¥8,000)

Attributes                        
Body:      3
Agility:   4
Reaction:   5
Strength:   2 (+1 from Karma)
Willpower:   5
Logic:      3 
Intuition:   5
Charisma:   8 (+2 from Adjustment Points)            
Edge:      4 (+3 from Adjustment Points)                     
Magic:      6 (+4 from Adjustment Points)                     
Essence:   6.00                     
Initiative:   10+1D6                     

Positive Qualities / Racial Bonuses                        
First Impression (-12)
Spirit Affinity [Spirits of Air] (-14)
Networker (-5)

Negative Qualities / Racial Penalties                        
Addiction [Longhaul] (+4)
Allergy [Seasonal Moderate] (+11)
Insomnia (+4)

Skills                        
Astral         2
Con      5
Conjuring [Banishing]   6
Firearms [Pistols]   4 (Specialization from Karma)
Influence [Negotiation] 5 (Specialization from Karma)
Perception 2 (+1 from Karma)

Knowledge / Language Skills                        
English   (Native)
Speretheil [1]
Magical Theory                        
Parazoology
Sprawl Life  (Gained from Karma)                        

Gear                        
AR Gloves
Concealable Holster
Contacts [2] w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link
Earbuds [2] w/ Sound Link, Audio Enhancement
Glasses [3] w/ Smartlink, Thermographic Vision
Metalink Disposable Commlink
Micro Transceiver
Reagents 12x
Trodes
Local Area Mapsoft
Lodge Materials [Force 6]

Weapons & Armor
Armor Jacket w/ Cold Resistance [1], Fire Resistance [1], Electricity Resistance [4]
Ares Predator VI w/ 3x Magazines [Each loaded with 9x Stick-N-Shock, 6x APDS]

Lifestyle & Identification
Low Lifestyle [One Month Pre-Paid]
Credstick, Standard 1x
Credstick, Silver 3x
Samantha O'NeillFake SIN [1] w/ Fake Licence (Registered Awakened) [1]                   
Shawna O'Donnell Fake SIN [4] w/ 3x Fake Licences (Registered Awakened, Pistol, Concealed Carry) [4]

Remaining Funds: ¥85

Contacts                        
"Duke"          [Fixer]       Connection: 5    Loyalty: 3                  
Father Rene       [Talismonger]       Connection: 4    Loyalty: 3                     
Bishop Blake       [Catholic Bishop]    Connection: 6    Loyalty: 2                     
"Doctor Knick"       [Street Doc]       Connection: 3    Loyalty: 4                     
Sister Bertrille    [Social Worker]    Connection: 2    Loyalty: 4               
Sidney Freedman    [Bartender]       Connection: 2    Loyalty: 4                     
Luther Rizzo       [Beat Cop]       Connection: 3    Loyalty: 3                     
Margaret Penobscott    [Bishop's Secretary]    Connection: 3    Loyalty: 4                     
John McIntyre      [Police Detective]    Connection: 4    Loyalty: 3                     

Karma Expenditure                        
Starting Karma      50                     
Racial Costs      - 0                     
Qualities      -31                     
Negative Qualities   +19                     
Attributes      -10                     
Skills         -18                     
Resources      -10                     
Remaining      0

Edited by Ish
Math! Tweaked some karma expenditure for efficiency.
  • Like 1

It's not worded very well in the book, but no, you do not need to pay Karma for the Racial Qualities that come with your Metatype. Nor do they count towards the six Qualities at character creation limit. They are, essentially, free.

It should also be pointed out that if you have Racial Qualities that are tied to your natural body, like the low-light vision of elves, you will lose that ability if you replace that body part with cyberware. So an elf with cybereyes can no longer see in the dark... at least, not unless you also buy low-light or thermographic vision mods for said cybereyes. 

2 hours ago, Ish said:

It's not worded very well in the book, but no, you do not need to pay Karma for the Racial Qualities that come with your Metatype. Nor do they count towards the six Qualities at character creation limit. They are, essentially, free.

It should also be pointed out that if you have Racial Qualities that are tied to your natural body, like the low-light vision of elves, you will lose that ability if you replace that body part with cyberware. So an elf with cybereyes can no longer see in the dark... at least, not unless you also buy low-light or thermographic vision mods for said cybereyes. 

thanks that helps 🙂

On 10/15/2019 at 10:06 PM, Huffnpuff said:

It’s been many years since I played Shadowrun, I would love to drop in and play. I’ll keep an eye out for posts or please message me if you happen to remember. 

The next game will be on the 29th, a tuesday, if you have a favorite archtype let me know and I will bring the pregen.