New Chaos Space Marine Porject

Salty Monkey

Im working on my next Chaos and Im thinking Alpha Legion...but I have Chaos Painting A.D.D

So I had an idea to paint squads of marines and Chaos marines in their normal colors but just adding the hydra to show their real allegiance. Kind of a chaotic mash of army looks to cause confusion on the battle field... but they would be Alpha Legion (in concept)

A Red Corsair terminator example below let me know if you think it works or if it's Crap 🙂

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Thanks 1

I'm sure you can see where you are "coloring outside the lines" as it were.  Aside from that, I like the grittiness it has with the palette.  The, uhh, spotchiness(?) on the helmet, as an example, really adds to that Veteran of 10k years flavor.  I feel like I should say 'thin your paints,' but for the most part, it contributes to that grizzled vet, to me.

Oh, if you aren't talking about list logistics, don't be surprised if the thread ends up in the Painting Sub-Forum.  🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I'm sure you can see where you are "coloring outside the lines" as it were.  Aside from that, I like the grittiness it has with the palette.  The, uhh, spotchiness(?) on the helmet, as an example, really adds to that Veteran of 10k years flavor.  I feel like I should say 'thin your paints,' but for the most part, it contributes to that grizzled vet, to me.

Oh, if you aren't talking about list logistics, don't be surprised if the thread ends up in the Painting Sub-Forum.  🙂

I guess I meant this as more of a concept question than a painting question...I guess worded it wrong. The pics were just meant to be a visual for the concept not finished product.

Thank you for the feed back on the painting though. I can use all the help i can get in that area 😉