AoS2 and square bases

Working on a 9th age army. They use squares, but the same models. Should I look into making an AoS2 army using the same models, or are square players unwelcome?

Army in question would be daemons of khorne.

There is absolutely no requirement in the actual Age of Sigmar rules regarding base size or shape. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Bupkis.

Individual tournament organizers may add base requirements or restrictions as “house rules,” but that’s a separate issue.

In my experience, most casual players won’t really care and even most of the competitor guys will roll with it if you say “I didn’t want to rebase my old WHFB army” and/or “I also use them for 9th Age.”

There’s bound to be one or two That Guy types at any large event who might give you [big bad swear word], but they’re That Guy so I wouldn’t worry. No one likes That Guy.

15 hours ago, Ish said:

There is absolutely no requirement in the actual Age of Sigmar rules regarding base size or shape. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Bupkis.

That is actually an incorrect statement. There are base size rules intended for matched play. GW states it is a suggestion and there is no requirement to rebase but there are rules and the actual size of bases for each model. Go to Warhammer Community, Downloads, AOS, Base Sizes -dated 21 Mar 2019. There you will find lists per army and model type with the size of the base for that model. 

I’m familiar with that Base Sizes document, but as you said yourself it’s a suggestion.

“Don’t worry – you don’t have to rebase your model if it is not on the suggested base unless you want to (that’s why these are suggested base sizes rather than mandatory ones).”

That’s right there on page one of the document. 

That’s why I said that “[t]here is absolutely no requirement in the actual Age of Sigmar rules regarding base size or shape.” Because there is no requirement, there is only a list of suggested sizes, and that list of suggested sizes isn’t in the actual rules.

For casual play at stores, the vast majority of people wont care if they are on squares or rounds. In tournaments it is really up to the TO, more and more events are requiring round bases. It does become a bit of an issue since all attacks in AoS have range and pilling in becomes an issue as well. Square base sizes are not an exact equivalent to round or oval bases and a lot of base sizes for models have changed over the years. Most players that are really into AoS take the time to re-base their armies onto rounds luckily I never played fantasy so I never had that problem. I have had to re-base (or use extenders) to a few models due to the base size changing.

Asked the Warhammer Store in Hillsboro (Ian) and they said they don't care. Sounds like you guys don't care either, except with regard to tournaments. I've never been a tournament player, so that's not an issue for me.

Alright, thanks for the help.