Nephren-Ka's OFCC Project Log

Personally if this was my list to rate at this point its a 3.2

Strongly middle of road, with minimal power items and choices.

I'd gladly rework those magic items though, if you.wanted my opinion.

Please. I feel foolish throwing more points on the butcher, but then I realize that Ive already invested a great deal by just including him. 

Looking nice there. When you get that together I would like to get a game in to see if my Boys of Hochland can stand up to it. :cool:

You got it, I'll be needing a crash course in how to play ogres and many, many a game to feel reasonably competent. Hochlanders taste like chicken, gauntlet thrown.

Please. I feel foolish throwing more points on the butcher, but then I realize that Ive already invested a great deal by just including him. 

You got it, I'll be needing a crash course in how to play ogres and many, many a game to feel reasonably competent. Hochlanders taste like chicken, gauntlet thrown.

Gauntlets being thrown around and not being signed up for the Ladder League? 

N-K: It's not a matter of points invested its a matter of likelihood of return on investment.

While nifty both the sword and armor won't return their points invested...usually.

You can do better if going for protection and offense and still save.points.

PM me how.

• 3 weeks later...

Update time:

Assembled: 2 x 6 man ogre units, 2 sabretusks, ironblaster, bsb, slaughtermaster, giant, gorger

Planned assembly for this week: leadbelchers, followed by 6 man irongut unit, possibly 4 maneaters

Painting- testing out paint scheme on a maneater

I'm thinking about swapping out one of the leadbelcher units and the gorger for a four man squad of maneaters (brace of pistols, hvy armor, scout, poison, gleaming pennant). I really like maneaters and I think they would cause more ruckus for warmachines and whatnot. Any thoughts, I was thinking about running them 2x2 to avoid charge arcs and make them more maneuverable.

Played Empire (Murphy's Lawyer) with my 2000pt Rampage List. I'll spare you the details, but my first run at ogres was at the very least educational. Things were going well at first as I was actually out shooting an Empire list and bombarding him with heaven's magic. It's not often that I can point to specific mistakes that cost me the game, but in this instance I can point to two. First lesson learned, don't send mournfangs in unsupported and, more importantly, don't charge a steamtank. Second lesson learned, don't get all brazen with with the ironblaster and start charging things. I bounced off a unit ofd reiksguard knights, which would have been decimated by a well placed cannon ball or even grapeshot. I think I'll be sticking with this list for the rampage, as it includes most of my OFCC army minus a bull unit, stonehorn, giant, and fourth mournfang. 

As far as my OFCC list goes, I'm liking the looks of this one:

Slaughtermaster- Lvl4, heavens,  GW, glittering scales, grut's sickle, dragonbane gem

Bruiser- BSB , dragonhelm, gold sigil sword, ironcurse icon

Butcher- Lvl 1, GW, dispel scroll

Ironguts (6)- FC, standard of discipline

Ogres (6)- Standard, bellower, ironfists

Ogres (6)- Standard, bellower, ironfists

Leadbelchers (4)- bellower

Maneaters (4)- Standard, bellower, hvy armor, brace of pistols, scouting/poison, gleaming pennant

Mournfang (4)- Standard, bellower, hvy armor, ironfists, dragonhide banner

sabretusk

Giant

Ironblaster

Stonehorn - harpoon launcher

I added the gold sigil sword on the bsb as I have no other way to contend with ethereal units. I would have like to have added another sabretusk, but would have been hard pressed even if I dropped the extraneous magic items. The sabretusk points value (same as the legal drinking age) is hard to make work. Hopefully the current iteration of my OFCC doesn't tilt the rating scale too much.

• 3 weeks later...

Going back and forth between painting projects, but currently working on:

6 ironguts

giant

mournfang

If all goes according to plan, these will be ready to go by the end of next week and I'll post some pictures. I painted the giant up along time ago for a different army (back when I had a steady hand and more free time), so just doing some highlights and rebasing. I'm coming to terms with the fact that my painting is sub-par these days and am getting more comfortable with the idea of churning these suckers out at a mediocre level. 

Hopefully I'll have the stonehorn and ironblaster completed by the end of June

Completed the giant last night, I'll be working on the ironguts this weekend

20140614_001914_zps308c2de9.jpg

20140614_001859_zps6053eb94.jpg

Decided to use blue as the accent/banner color for my army, needed something to tie these brutes together. Going with the mountaineaters tribe, although I don't know much about the fluff and will be doing my own thing. Don't know if I have the time or skill to do freehand work, so my banners might be bland

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind words. Struggling with the ironguts at the moment, it seems that my greenstuffing of the shoulder joints on this and the bulls was half-ass, and it shows. The OCD side of myself wants to scrap them and start over (I have extras), the more pragmatic side says to push on through and to hell with it...I have a deadline.