Sign in to follow this  
Mack

New Faction Advice

Mobile Brigadas are one of those units where, you are probably slightly overpaying for the stats that you get on top of the stats they get aren't put into places where they'll see much use. For example, that PH 14 is great, but you're probably paying a premium to get that high of a PH which, realistically, you probably aren't using too too often. Thus, your points are being spent somewhat inefficiently. In Corregidor they get better because you can stick them into a link, especially cheap links with Alguacils.

Krizas are one of the best heavy infantry in the game. But, yes, they can be challenging to fit in at 200 points. Not to say you can't. You can certainly make good lists, but you aren't taking all the bells and whistles you might want.

At standard 300 point games, it depends entirely on which heavy pieces you talk about. Some killer pieces are happy to go run off by themselves or close to it. Intruders, for example, can operate fairly independently and are terrifying. Of course, if you can spare the support, a jaguar with them or nearby is amazing. A Kriza, on the other hand, has to be wary of hackers and will actually be more vulnerable on the reactive in comparison to the Intruder because of the lack of a camouflage state and the added vulnerabilities of being heavy infantry. You'll want to include things like killer hackers to ward off or remove hackers who want to stop your Kriza indirectly. In comparison, that Taskmaster with Red Fury can be more independent because he brings a lot of protections for themself.

Yes, technically you will want Engineers, Doctors, etc. To be honest, I find myself rarely taking those kind of 'healing' units because of how many orders you might be spending to heal your pieces back up. That said, when your important piece is REALLY expensive like a TAG, then I try to fit in an engineer. For example, when I bring a Szalamandra, I am also going to include a Clockmaker.

I believe that those are the only boxes, not sure. Remember that the Tinbots aren't, in game terms, models. You can't shoot them or anything like that. You can just use a marker for them.

A Mobile Brigada is a very average Heavy Infantry trooper, he has a purpose in the redesigned Corrigedor, but he is lacking compared to the SWAST and Kriza.

If you are asking for Tin Bots, they are really only a marker. You can use what you need.

As others have said, Brigadas are so mediocre as to be below average, except in Corregidor. In Corregidor, though, they shine, and they do have a Tinbot option (I believe it's the one armed with a combi? I'd have to go look.) I tend to lean on a linked Brigada in Corregidor, though, as a bully piece. That and the Intruder. If you're going to play Corregidor, though, the Brigada is absolutely worth the investment.