How was the Ordo Garage Sale?

RobynMM

I very much liked it. Thank you.

Wish this would happen more often. Once per month would be ideal. There really isn't an equivalent of the Ordo Garage sale anywhere in my area. Plus I really like not having to ship anything or wait for shipping.

As for traffic level, I had a friend, I met later at guardian games, that didn't go because they didn't know about it. My mistake, I suppose, but I think more would have come if more were aware of it. Though it was pretty crowded, I thought, when I arrived.

I had a good time and was really impressed with the items people brought in.  I wasn't sure what to bring but brought in two boxes of nice resin terrain that I wasn't using anymore, in a few hours I had traded or sold all but a handful of things. My only issue was that I wasn't sure what to expect and if it was worth it to bring in some of my larger items.  Maybe a couple of pictures or an overview of items that people were planning on selling would have helped. I saw a post on the Portland Game Stores facebook page but it was just kind of the generic flyer that didn't really what it was, other than some sort of sale. Most of my friends that play 40k and other games were not aware that there was a sale at the club.

I picked up two boxes of brand new Infinity miniatures and a dozen loose and assembled Infinity minis. If I was looking for other stuff, people had unit boxes and entire armies ready to go. I was impressed that I could buy random parts by the ounce. When I told my friends that didn't stop by, they were disappointed because they didn't make the time to come and asked when the next sale was. I just really think that there needs to be a webpage/pictures/listings of some items to show that its worth peoples time to get up and make the effort to stop by. I also think people would bring in more stuff if they were confident that there would be enough people at the sale to justify it.

Second, from the street its really hard to see where the sale is exactly happening. Its fine for the people stopping by for game night, but there needs to be something outside more obvious for people that haven't been to the club stopping by for the sale.  My wife knows were the place is and still needed to be reminded that its around the corner and upstairs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Mack said:

When I told my friends that didn't stop by, they were disappointed because they didn't make the time to come and asked when the next sale was. I just really think that there needs to be a webpage/pictures/listings of some items to show that its worth peoples time to get up and make the effort to stop by.

Second, from the street its really hard to see where the sale is exactly happening. Its fine for the people stopping by for game night, but there needs to be something outside more obvious for people that haven't been to the club stopping by for the sale.  My wife knows were the place is and still needed to be reminded that its around the corner and upstairs.

First, recommend they join the Ordo Boards or the Facebook page? Those were some of the mainstream posts. Not sure what else was used.

Second, is a great point. Maybe one of those signs that stands on the sidewalk pointing out Ordo, or something hung on the sign. I could see folks not used to the club, finding it hard to locate.

I went back to the facebook page for the sale and saw some good pictures taken during the sale. I would make sure to repost them again ahead of the next sale. Especially far enough in advance to give people enough time to make plans.  It wasn't that I didn't know there was a sale, cause it was on the club boards, I just didn't know what to expect from the posts and facebook page. I only have so much free time on the weekend so committing another day to gaming oriented stuff is a challenge. I'm glad I came by and was able to pick up some stuff from the games I'm actively playing.

Thanks again for everyone that made the sale happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I suppose we could just have an informal garage sale on one of the game nights. Maybe like one sunday per month, people just bring a lunchbox worth of minis for trade to the Ordo Game night (which runs from about 3-6pm). Not as cool as the big one, but a lunch box of minis isn't a huge haul if models don't sell.