Game scene at Glimpses - (I'm getting a new job close)

Torg

I've been made an offer for a new job in the Sherwood / Tualatin area.  The job is closer to home (only 14 miles) so instead of my current commute to Hillsboro (35 miles).  Anyhow, in about 3 weeks I will be very close to Glimpses - and this will probably be my main hobby crack dealer.  And I feel like I can get back to going to a regular weekly game night.  I play 40k, but have dabbled in Infinity and other games as well.  

What is the mini game scene like over at Glimpses?  40k meta concerns, other games played beyond Infinity?  I would like to give infinity another go before I completely give it up.  Over the past couple years my schedule has really kept me from getting into WoW or anywhere else consistently.  Anyhow, I am hoping to be a regular over there.  

-don

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Torg said:

I've been made an offer for a new job in the Sherwood / Tualatin area.  The job is closer to home (only 14 miles) so instead of my current commute to Hillsboro (35 miles).  Anyhow, in about 3 weeks I will be very close to Glimpses - and this will probably be my main hobby crack dealer.  And I feel like I can get back to going to a regular weekly game night.  I play 40k, but have dabbled in Infinity and other games as well.  

What is the mini game scene like over at Glimpses?  40k meta concerns, other games played beyond Infinity?  I would like to give infinity another go before I completely give it up.  Over the past couple years my schedule has really kept me from getting into WoW or anywhere else consistently.  Anyhow, I am hoping to be a regular over there.  

-don

Its a great minis shop with tons of events and game nights.

Hey hey, we have a fantastic Infinity group going, I'm one of the two local Warcors. I've also been pushing to play more Warcry and other "kitchen tabletop" games on Thursdays as well, such as Warcry (which a few of us play) and Blood Bowl (I play and am getting others started with). I hear good things about their Kill Team group, though the bigger games, AoS/40k tend to be on the weekends, which is a no-go for me.

You really should come give Infinity another whirl, we have a very friendly group and everyone is very helpful to get into the game with.

• Like 2

Hmmm well i start the new job in November.  I will be sure to drop in and check out the scene.  I'd like to give infinity a try again - although it is a bit crunchy for my tastes.  But I love the minis and the theme of things in the game.  Looking forward to trying it again actually.  

Blood bowl I have not played in over a year, but I have a couple teams ready to go.  Kill Team is something I want to do as well.  I'd also like to see about getting some Gaslands played. Frost Grave... and a couple other odd ball games as well.

Is thursdays the normal night for all games of just table top stuff?  I guess I will need to check out their schedule lol.

-d

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 12:37 PM, Torg said:

Hmmm well i start the new job in November.  I will be sure to drop in and check out the scene.  I'd like to give infinity a try again - although it is a bit crunchy for my tastes.  But I love the minis and the theme of things in the game.  Looking forward to trying it again actually.  

Blood bowl I have not played in over a year, but I have a couple teams ready to go.  Kill Team is something I want to do as well.  I'd also like to see about getting some Gaslands played. Frost Grave... and a couple other odd ball games as well.

Is thursdays the normal night for all games of just table top stuff?  I guess I will need to check out their schedule lol.

-d

Thursday nights is Infinity night, though there are some odd skirmish games that show up as well, it's my only game night, so also when I get some Warcry in, since some of the Infinity players also play that.

• Like 1