Corvus Belli scale creep

Mack

The body is the problem, if you ask me... and the head isn’t quite right either.

They’re clearly going for a super-deformed anime style, but only went about 50% of the way there with the face sculpt and only about 10% of the way there with the body. SD style isn’t just slapping a “bigger head and smaller limbs” on an existing design, it’s about targeted exaggeration of key features and a cartoony playfulness.

22 hours ago, Ish said:

The body is the problem, if you ask me... and the head isn’t quite right either.

They’re clearly going for a super-deformed anime style, but only went about 50% of the way there with the face sculpt and only about 10% of the way there with the body. SD style isn’t just slapping a “bigger head and smaller limbs” on an existing design, it’s about targeted exaggeration of key features and a cartoony playfulness.

I guess. Dunno, I really don't like this style, but I can't exactly put my finger on what is wrong with it.

This one (v) doesn't bug me, and it's basically the same thing.

image.png.60e02173d5ecf668016746a463c2b575.png

38 minutes ago, Ish said:

Here’s a good comparison:chunLi-both.jpg

But that one looks improved by the tiny, non-sexualized version. They even gave her red pants/tights. For a fighting game game character, to have the art more focused on what matters in a fight, the tiny version seems like an overall improvement. Plus this one's head is much smaller than the infinity one. The Infinity is closer to Brain's oversized head.

What's the value of the OP's infinity tiny version model vs the original? How does it improve? I'm not familiar with the base version of this infinity model, but I don't see how it improves anything. If anything, makes me think that with a much larger head, the critical threshold against this model should be improved to where critical hits are much more common.

Musashi has like three normal models, which are fine sculpts. This wasn't intended for game play, it was supposed to be a cute collector's edition thing that was just for fun. They usually release playable models at cons, and they were trying something different with this one. They've since gone back to useable models.

• Like 3