Who is keeping up with their reading?

ninefinger

9 hours ago, ninefinger said:

Hey all,

I’m listening to the new belesarius cawl book.  Seems chalk full of tidbits and teasers of what might be to come.  

Dark imperium,  plague war, rites of passage and spear of the emperor are also all post the great rift.   Any body else keeping up?  What are your favorite teases and spoilers?

I like Guillemans possible conversion to the cult of the emperor from the end of plague war.   The mentor legion is also very cool, makes me want to put a single space marine hero in with a bunch of cadians.

Have you read the new Celestine book yet?  I think it further hints that Celestine is a legitimate demon prince of the emperor in denial of her true nature.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Inquisitor66 said:

Have you read the new Celestine book yet?  I think it further hints that Celestine is a legitimate demon prince of the emperor in denial of her true nature.

That sounds awesome.   Added to my wish list.   

soft pitch for the belesarius cawl book:  he leads a group of ultramarines successor primaries onto a planet recently lost to a tyranid invasion, to investigate a black stone installation hidden under the imperil strongholds.   Everybody present has living flashbacks, jumping back as far as 10,000 years, as the installation starts to wake up.

2 hours ago, ninefinger said:

That sounds awesome.   Added to my wish list.   

soft pitch for the belesarius cawl book:  he leads a group of ultramarines successor primaries onto a planet recently lost to a tyranid invasion, to investigate a black stone installation hidden under the imperil strongholds.   Everybody present has living flashbacks, jumping back as far as 10,000 years, as the installation starts to wake up.

Not just any UM Successors. They're Scythes of the Emperor, who had a pretty major history with the Nids even before their home world got eaten. Throws a few more layers into the mix.

7 hours ago, WestRider said:

Not just any UM Successors. They're Scythes of the Emperor, who had a pretty major history with the Nids even before their home world got eaten. Throws a few more layers into the mix.

+1 for nids.

• 1 month later...

I read the Cawl book, and it has some events that could be a Big Deal if they’re pursued further. 

Same with Josh Reynolds’ Apocalypse, and Dark Imperium: Plague War. Aside from these I’m a little (a lot) behind 40K novels because my main focus is Heresy era. There, I just finished The First Wall, and I’m three Primarchs novels (and Valdor now) shy of being 100% caught up. Unless you count the FW books...

• Like 1