9th Age Escalation Campaign

On 1/11/2020 at 12:58 PM, Ish said:

Technically speaking, isn’t the entirety of T9A home brew?

No more than WHFB was a Homebrew. It's a developed game. Both are made by an organization, not an individual.

And T9A does distinguish between official armies and Homebrew armies.

Generally speaking, I’ve always understood the distinction as “home brew” referring to amateur works and not work done by professionals. It’s a bit of a fuzzy distinction in publishing this day and age, with desktop publishing, print-on-demand, and a thriving “indie” scene. As a wargame T9A is a collaborative effort by people who aren’t industry professionals it gets even fuzzier. Since this is an industry that has always traditionally relied heavily on freelancers, spec work, and “two blokes in a shed who had a good idea.” 

But, I was mostly just making a joke.

The Monkey King leap from mountain to mountain surveying the borders of the Celestial Empire. Dark flames rose from the north. The abominations of the void are stirring he thought. No time to call the other celestial guardians. The elephants and bears are to slow. I must wake the Emperor himself to bring the Eternal Legend to slow this tide of evil. 

first game down with a major victory for the undying dynasties. Well fought Oreogolem but the demons were just to slow to cross the field and stone is hard to break quickly.

4DC3D434-7978-42DB-9072-21E048A2B9B7.jpeg

F736317F-F9FE-404D-9D63-A6335AB272A2.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pecksata said:

Me and Oreogolem rolled our retinue and warlord stuff already if that’s ok. can’t remember exactly what he got but I have Peon and veteran RF. I think he got “to me” and “EEEAAAH!” But don’t  quote me on that.

Good memory! I got the report from OreoGolem and added both of your new warlord traits to the spreadsheet on the website. Go good guys!

• Like 1

You can chalk another one up for those dirty knights today! 

cYutWT3.jpg

the battle ‘twas fought outside of Le Bastille De Bastarde. Goblin Doom Diver did massive damage to Bens knights all game and lots of fanatic shenanigans occurred to decimate everyone. Took 7 turns for me to rout him fully so major victory to Ben! Cheers for the game buddy. 

yNVu24G.jpg

• Like 5

Still waiting on one match to be played, but so far the results have favored the forces of order. At this point it's Order 9 - Chaos 2 (not counting BPs for hobbying), which means that a Chaos massacre still won't be enough to change the outcome of the scenario. I'll have a narrative blurb out soon to segue into the next scenario.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Another victory for the kingdoms of equalitytane! Gaston the galant successfully led a raid on the enemies supplies. In proper fashion, the eager errants took the brunt of the enemies spear point allowing for the counter thrust of the peasant lance. 
Gaston found a trinket amongst the captured goods, providing him inhuman agility (+2 agility). The eager errants, although bested in battle, learned a great deal and are developing into proper knights (+1 OWS / +1 DWS)

• Like 2

The turn-coat High Elves suffered an ignominious defeat in Scenario 2 at the hands of Arch Lector Albrecht Schmitt. The day started off poorly for the glittering host when a mortar shell landed in the middle of Aearondil's Retinue. The unit passed their panic test, but in their depleted state were unable to withstand the demigryph's charge the following turn. The elven grey watchers bravely flanked the Templars of Taal and managed to slay several of the knights, but their slender blades were no match for the knights' heavy plate and they were cut down to the man. By turn five things were looking dire for the elves, but the Empire men had yet to destroy either of the objectives. Only the flame wardens remained, but they had the slimmest chance to prevent the humans from destroying the supplies. All they had to do was prevent the Templars of Taal and pegasus-mounted marshal from reaching the supplies. They successfully broke the marshal, but couldn't muster the strength to defeat the cavalry. When the flame wardens fled from the field of battle, the remaining cavalry and pegasus-mounted marshal waltzed onto the supplies and won the day for the forces of Order.

image.png.fed0fac63d01396306e2bd85cbace7dd.png

• 3 weeks later...

Searing, senseless slaughter!

Subsuming its name, had been supposed to grant the daemonic agent power. Power enough to earn its existence this side of the veil. Damned distracted disappointments! The elven blade would not truly kill but never end the Herald. Its existence was too spoken for by something greater something stronger. Something that the Herald had failed. Pained portents pact. Thrice the Herald had failed.
First, the lush valleys in the domain of the Jade Emporer had rebuffed its legion. Warriors of stone proving the match for veil forged blade and fire that would melt the flesh from the man and dwarf and elf.  Second the Teeth of Nimis marched on a great wonder of these short lived solid-forms. A whole countryside's fecundity stored in some simple structures. Crimson feathered arrows broke the mage-flesh Legionaires the last league of their conquest. Stout elven sword and the ferocity of their chained flesh-beasts banished the Herald a second time! Still an agent of Father Chaos claimed by his grandson, would not be denied. The third prize would be the god-fruit of a single protected orchard.

A simple prize, a few slow-changing trees in a world so boringly full of them! Why must the elves always stand in its way! Before its myriad of myrmidons, silent mists revealed whirlwinds of elven steel. Unchanging-ones that moved so fluid, it challenged the difference the Herald knew between its realm and this stinking pit. Then there was the veil-walker cowards bound to boughs of living-hard wood, they had stomped through its fire-toting imps and shattered the engine which would've harvested the fruit. Thrice it had failed.

Eventual excruciating extinction. The Herald would not be given a fourth chance. Seven marches from any coast, surrounded by the Teeth of its patron the Herald. Waited for the moment. It was this moment. Daemons of its station live by the order of greaters, and this night it would be the sweet meat of a true grandchild of the father.

Nimis would rise hungry and ever-starved.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, yeah the campaign is on an indefinite hiatus. Dispatches from the field tell of some horrible pandemic in the camps. Apparently all the soldiers and townsfolk have been ordered to stay home. What's surprising is even the plague-ridden rat-men seem to be taking the issue seriously.

I hope everyone is managing to stay healthy, and I look forward to picking things back up when we're on the other side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2