9th Age Escalation Campaign

And like my daemons, which are basically the manifestion of the nightmares of men, are kosher, but future robots are completely impossible?

Even just going with the GW models, Juggernaught is at best a Cyborg-Demon-Rhinoceros. But there's no room for a Dreadnought?

15 minutes ago, Pecksata said:

Undying Dynasties aren’t evil. Well, no more than lizards.

Daemons aren't evil either. We're just the physical manifestation of human sin. It's the humans that bring us into being and decide our traits. And then they attack us for being the way they want us to be. We're victims.

15 minutes ago, Pecksata said:

thinking first scenario 

terracotta 
pharaoh
harbinger

5 scouts

5 scouts

10 Calvary 

30 skeleton spears

20 skeleton hw sh

19 tomb guard

Got some serious painting done this week. Need to do some serious basing soon too.

Interesting. That is a lot of guys, I wonder if I can kill that many. Might not have enough attacks.

Models look good.

2 hours ago, Pecksata said:

Pretty sure this scenario was made for my undead army. We’ll see how the next ones go though. Shame no one is playing dwarves they’d own this scenario.

you only need to kill the pharaoh and the rest starts to dye though

I'm just glad you don't have tons of archers. Undying Dynasty archers are really annoying, especially for an army whose main defense against shooting is Hard Target.

Oh, if posting lists, my planned list, at this point, is:

Daemon Legions Army List

Total Army List Cost: 1988

Harbinger of Father Chaos (1#, 450 pts)
. . 1 Harbinger of Father Chaos, 375 pts = (base cost 160 + Wizard Adept 115 + Great Beast of Prophecy 100)
. . . . 1 Brimstone Secretions, 25 pts
. . . . 1 Chitinous Scales, 25 pts
. . . . 1 Living Shield, 25 pts

Imps (16#, 305 pts)
. . 16 Imps, 305 pts = 16 * 15 (base cost 14 + Incendiary Ichor 1) + Base Cost Adjustment 65

Myrmidons (20#, 485 pts)
. . 20 Myrmidons, 485 pts = 20 * 24 (base cost 23 + Hot Blood 1) + Base Cost Adjustment -15 + Standard Bearer Std 20

Hope Harvester (1#, 435 pts)
. . 1 Engine of Damnation, 435 pts = (base cost 285 + Engine of Damnation 120 + Segmented Shell 30)

Bloat Flies (3#, 313 pts)
. . 3 Bloat Flies, 313 pts = 3 * 101 (base cost 95 + Kaleidoscopic Flesh 6) + Base Cost Adjustment 10

Since army builder can't show it, Harbinger is also free BSB and every unit has free champion and musicians.

Victorious Warlord Experience table #6 Indomitable ego - While in a challenge your general gains unbreakable.

Unbreakable models can't join or be joined by non-unbreakable models. Would force your general out of their unit if you challenged them. Dunno, kinda fits with the name, but doesn't seem like the intention. Unbreakable only applies to units anyway. Has no effect on specific models within the unit.

Also, since the Warlord isn't always the General, should say Warlord here, right?

Woah, take it easy. It's Christmas week and even then this isn't a hyperactive forum.

I like your list I hope it breaks some humans/elves/clay pots. It's not my kind of list, but it's got a tool for each porpoise (my plan if facing like a 13 man knight unit is to chaff and run). If you can get the points free for the more stored veil tokens that might be good.

1 hour ago, OreoGolem said:

Woah, take it easy. It's Christmas week and even then this isn't a hyperactive forum.

I was being silly too. As if my very simple list was too much to understand.

1 hour ago, OreoGolem said:

I like your list I hope it breaks some humans/elves/clay pots. It's not my kind of list, but it's got a tool for each porpoise (my plan if facing like a 13 man knight unit is to chaff and run). If you can get the points free for the more stored veil tokens that might be good.

I'm really not sure if I have enough tools. Like that undead list, just don't have enough attacks for them. Succubi or lemures would be the answer, but I don't have any (yet).

Stored Veil tokens? Oh, you mean for that Aether Battery. Nah, that's not the plan at all. That Engine of Destruction is a giant LoS blocker. I'm going to march my guys behind that and see how close I can get before they shoot/magic me to death. It's 150mm wide in the front and it's Gigantic. We're deployed 24" apart, so that's still a turn hanging around in the open that I'd really rather not have. My army is built on a siege theme, so this mission is like what they were designed for. Depending on the opponent, a turn 2 charge should be feasible (depends if they move backwards or not).

Though on the note of veil tokens, 1 for having an adept with channel, 2 for being a daemon, and at least 1 from flux cards. I have an automatic 4 veil tokens per turn, which is more than enough at this point level. Granted, I can only store 3, but Aether battery can only use 3.

Really wish we could buy the hope harvester without the aether battery, but then I build weird lists.

I took my 4500 point list and shaved off 2500 points, am I 9th Ageing right?

2000 Pts - Sylvan Elves Army List

Total Army List Cost: 1998

Druid (1#, 220 pts)
   1 Druid, 220 pts = (base cost 140 + Wizard Adept 75 + Sylvan Longbow (3+) 5)

Forest Guard (15#, 190 pts)
   15 Forest Guard, 190 pts = 15 * 14 (base cost 14) + Base Cost Adjustment -40 + Standard Bearer Std 20

Sylvan Archers (10#, 255 pts)
   10 Sylvan Archers, 255 pts = 10 * 23 (base cost 23) + Base Cost Adjustment 25

Dryads (9#, 167 pts)
   9 Dryads, 167 pts = 9 * 17 (base cost 17) + Base Cost Adjustment 14

Blade Dancers (10#, 376 pts)
   10 Blade Dancers, 336 pts = 10 * 31 (base cost 31) + Base Cost Adjustment 6 + Standard Bearer Std 20
      1 Banner of the Silent Mist, 40 pts

Forest Eagle (1#, 100 pts)
   1 Forest Eagle, 100 pts = (base cost 30) + Base Cost Adjustment 70

Treefather (1#, 435 pts)
   1 Treefather, 435 pts

Champs and musicians where appropriate. 

@Andrewgeddon I add that you have 867pts of Core. That's too little.

https://sites.google.com/view/calapooia-campaigns/invasion-of-chaos/army-selection-rules

+20% of army total in core means a total 45% core requirement. Or rather, you need 900pts or more in Core.

Too bad you aren't paying for those champions and musicians, right?

Rest of the list looks good.

4 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

@Andrewgeddon I add that you have 867pts of Core. That's too little.

https://sites.google.com/view/calapooia-campaigns/invasion-of-chaos/army-selection-rules

+20% of army total in core means a total 45% core requirement. Or rather, you need 900pts or more in Core.

Too bad you aren't paying for those champions and musicians, right?

Rest of the list looks good.

Banner enchantment is supposed to go on the Forest Guard, so should be 907 points in core. Forgot to switch it back after I was mucking about in Army Builder. Considered bringing the shooty Pathfinder Forest Prince and some Pathfinders, but this is closer to what I want to run normally, so figure I can get some practice in with it 🙂

• Like 1

Ugh, so after all that, I might pick a different Warlord.

Someone pointed out that the Miser of Sululag would go really well with the Sentinel of Nukuja, but I can't fit both of those AND my current warlord in a 4500pt list.

4 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Ugh, so after all that, I might pick a different Warlord.

Someone pointed out that the Miser of Sululag would go really well with the Sentinel of Nukuja, but I can't fit both of those AND my current warlord in a 4500pt list.

It has not been officially stated yet, but I believe that there will be a point during the campaign at which we can "upgrade" your warlord. So in practice you should be able to swap out your warlord for a new warlord, thus opening yourself up for the Miser and Sentinel combo you are referring to by 4500 points.

The "switch out" would likely occur at 3k or 3.5k points. This applies to all armies. So for myself, id be switching out my Paladin for a Duke. All the campaign traits that the warlord gains will carry forward.

Think of it as a mid campaign promotion/evolution for your warlord.

In discussion with Wentwizard about the details.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

I took my 4500 point list and shaved off 2500 points, am I 9th Ageing right?

2000 Pts - Sylvan Elves Army List

Total Army List Cost: 1998

Druid (1#, 220 pts)
   1 Druid, 220 pts = (base cost 140 + Wizard Adept 75 + Sylvan Longbow (3+) 5)

Forest Guard (15#, 190 pts)
   15 Forest Guard, 190 pts = 15 * 14 (base cost 14) + Base Cost Adjustment -40 + Standard Bearer Std 20

Dryads (9#, 167 pts)
   9 Dryads, 167 pts = 9 * 17 (base cost 17) + Base Cost Adjustment 14

Blade Dancers (10#, 376 pts)
   10 Blade Dancers, 336 pts = 10 * 31 (base cost 31) + Base Cost Adjustment 6 + Standard Bearer Std 20
      1 Banner of the Silent Mist, 40 pts

Forest Eagle (1#, 100 pts)
   1 Forest Eagle, 100 pts = (base cost 30) + Base Cost Adjustment 70

Treefather (1#, 435 pts)
   1 Treefather, 435 pts

Champs and musicians where appropriate. 

Gosh SE are expensive.

What do all the "Base cost adjustments" mean exactly? That's not referring to 2.1 -> 2.2 changes is it?

2 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Gosh SE are expensive.

What do all the "Base cost adjustments" mean exactly? That's not referring to 2.1 -> 2.2 changes is it?

So a single Eagle is 100 points, but adding another eagle is only 30 points. So the cost of the model (30) plus the base cost adjustment (70) to make the total for the unit (100)

Unlike in WHFB, in T9A units have two point values; the value of taking the bare minimum models in the unit and a number of points per additional model. This isn't always equivalent. For example unit may be 100 points for 25 models but each additional model may cost 6 points each rather than 4. This is sometimes higher and sometimes lower.

• Like 1