9th Age Escalation Campaign

2 hours ago, Pecksata said:

What time of day are we looking to start? I don’t get off work till 630 or later on sundays.

We're hoping to start around noon. If you decide not to go with Ish's ill-advised plan for an early dismissal, you can always work something out with your opponent.

There's probably some clever way to let people pick their opponents for each round based on schedule, but in the interest of simplicity, I'll just make the match-ups and let everyone sort out when they play. It's fine if people want to switch who they're playing, but it would be nice if we could avoid repeats so everyone can have a chance to play against different armies/opponents.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wentwizard said:

We're hoping to start around noon. If you decide not to go with Ish's ill-advised plan for an early dismissal, you can always work something out with your opponent.

There's probably some clever way to let people pick their opponents for each round based on schedule, but in the interest of simplicity, I'll just make the match-ups and let everyone sort out when they play. It's fine if people want to switch who they're playing, but it would be nice if we could avoid repeats so everyone can have a chance to play against different armies/opponents.

The day after is MLK day and I have it off. If that works for anyone I can meet up anywhere anytime. Or later that week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

Since everyone else is posting their lists, here is what I was thinking:

Warlord: Paladin + Grail Oath + Horse + Lance + Wormwood core + Shield

Retinue: Knights Aspirant x12 + Standard + Banner of the last charge

30x peasant levee

30x peasant levee

24x peasant archers

Trebuchet

15x Forlorn Knights + Standard

When in doubt throw peasants at the problem! 

In other news, I added a “Campaign Schedule” to the webpage. Kickoff is Sunday 1/26 at noon!

30 minutes ago, Wentwizard said:

When in doubt throw peasants at the problem! 

That’s probably why he calls them a “Peasant Levee” instead of a “Peasant Levy.”

“Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English Equataine dead!”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheBeninator said:

Nippon?

Al-quassar?

Linky Linky!

Oh, they're from the 9A forums homebrew section. 

Nippon https://www.dropbox.com/s/321mkv87sfycift/T9A-FB_NIP_2_1EN.pdf?dl=0

The sultanates seem stalled at 2018 so I may not use them https://www.the-ninth-age.com/community/index.php?thread/33852-the-al-qassar-sultanates/&pageNo=1

For obvious reasons, I'm really hoping that the T9A Nippon army gets bumped up to final status.

I think they err'd a bit on the side of the Katanas are Magic! side of things (+1 Strength, +1 Offensive Skill, and +1 Armour Penetration in the first Round of Combat! WTF! They're just swords, people!) but I do like that they've come up with interesting ways of making a lot of other uniquely Japanese equipment work in the T9A paradigm, like sashimono, sode, and so forth. It's also nice that the army is designed along similar lines to WHFB's Empire or T9A's Empire of Sonnstahl in that you can play a pseudo-historical army with only "realistic" units, a high fantasy army full of oni and dragons, or a blend of the two.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 9:16 PM, OreoGolem said:

I would be fine with the Nippon Homebrew. It seems relatively well balanced. Almost a variant of elf.

Asklanders of course aren't Homebrew and are awesome.

I don't know what's the deal with late sign ups.

Technically speaking, isn’t the entirety of T9A home brew?