New Year’s Blitz! Blitz Bowl tournament at WOW.

Weav

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Sgt. Rock said:

If I knew how to play, I'd come join. Maybe I can sneak into the club sometime next month and get a quick learning game in. It's a sevens game, right?

No, it’s got very little in common with regular Blood Bowl. I’m very happy to teach you how to play. Are Sunday’s best for you?

3 hours ago, Weav said:

No, it’s got very little in common with regular Blood Bowl. I’m very happy to teach you how to play. Are Sunday’s best for you?

By "sevens" I meant that you only have seven guys, not that it's Blood Bowl sevens. Sundays are usually no-gos, because I'm either watching the football game, doing homework, or if I can sneak down to the clubhouse, it's to play Infinity. I can probably swing by on a Tuesday some time after the quarter is over, mid-December, but I might just have to miss this one. We'll see how things play out.

21 hours ago, Sgt. Rock said:

By "sevens" I meant that you only have seven guys, not that it's Blood Bowl sevens. Sundays are usually no-gos, because I'm either watching the football game, doing homework, or if I can sneak down to the clubhouse, it's to play Infinity. I can probably swing by on a Tuesday some time after the quarter is over, mid-December, but I might just have to miss this one. We'll see how things play out.

Correct, you get one sprue of players; so six players for most teams, seven for Undead, and eight for goblins. The nice thing about Blitz Bowl is that it isn't intended to have the same power-tiers as Blood Bowl. So Halflings are as competitive (in theory) as any other teams. If you're interested in the 1/1/2020 event, I'd say we should get together at a time that's convenient for you and me and we'll teach you how to play.

• 2 weeks later...

New Years Blitz at the Ordo Fanaticus clubhouse is complete! Thank you very much to the coaches who attended our Blitz Bowl tournament. Here are the standings, with races played:

Champion: @Patriarch of Sigmar  3-0 (Undead/Dark Elf/Orc)
Runner up: @Ziggens 3-0 (Undead/Skaven/Dark Elf)
Third: @Maxwell Christian  2-1 (Dwarf/Human/Undead)
Fourth: Lance Swanson  2-1 (Chaos Chosen/Orc/Human)
Fifth: @scotthartman  1-2 (Orc/Goblin/Skaven)
Sixth: Chris 1-2 (Undead/Halfling/Chaos Chosen)
Seventh: @Weav  0-2 (Dwarfs/Dark Elf/Elven Union)
Eight: @peter.cosgrove 0-2 (Orc/Elven Union/Dwarfs)

@Patriarch of Sigmar defeats @Ziggens with first tie-breaker, total points scored. @Maxwell Christian edges out Lance on the same tie-breaker for third. Thank you to everyone for playing!