March to War IV: March 14-15 @ Guardian Games

Hello all! So a few quick March to War announcements: 

- I have made a change to to the tournament packet: The 5 points awarded for submitting your army list by the deadline will no longer be Battle Points, but instead will count just towards your "Best Overall" score. This was done at the request of the 9th Age North American Masters Committee, in order to comply with their ranking system, as it is based off of Battle Points.

- I am potentially looking for someone to act as a "ringer" for the event, in the case that we end up with an uneven number of players on either day. My hope is to focus solely on running the event, and I would like to avoid having to issue people "byes". Happy to provide an army, drinks, lunch both days, and a something as a "thank you!" Ideally the person would be on hand, but it's possible that them being "on call" would be sufficient 🙂.

-And last but not least... we broke 30 players! Only 5 guaranteed spots left, grab them while you can!

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Sherbert said:

Hey guys, Jake and I will be coming down Friday night (maybe Gage as well, but it will be a long shot if he shows up) and were wondering if someone could let us sleep on their floor or something. Trying to keep cost down and dont want to get a motel unless we have to.

thanks,

Sherbert

I would offer up my place, but my kid goes to bed at like 8, so it wouldn't be super ideal for you guys (super small house, bathroom is right next to his room too). BUT, if you don't have a place to stay when we get closer to the event, I'm happy to offer you guys my couch 🙂

22 hours ago, Sherbert said:

Hey guys, Jake and I will be coming down Friday night (maybe Gage as well, but it will be a long shot if he shows up) and were wondering if someone could let us sleep on their floor or something. Trying to keep cost down and dont want to get a motel unless we have to.

thanks,

Sherbert

I've got extra space. There will be one other (Kenyon Duncan) staying at my place for MtW.

Kenyon is flying (I presume), so I was going to give him dibs on the inflatable bed. I think I have a spare inflatable, and I also have a couch. 

I am 4.3 miles from the venue.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sherbert said:

thanks,

Sherbert

Bens place is closer(I’m about 9 miles from venue) but if it gets too crowded there, I have a spare bedroom with futon and a couch that can sleep two. Plenty of floor as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rhuell said:

I've read the 9th age rules, pulled models out of the basement, and figured out that I can get a 4500 point list together. I may even get a pre tournament game in under my belt!

Can the $h!t talking begin now? 

I think the $hit talking started about a month ago.. you're more than a day late and a dollar short...

On 2/29/2020 at 4:14 PM, Rhuell said:

Army List is submitted. I assume that it is the best of all lists ever made (and that I actually calculated points properly) and everyone will shake in fear upon its approach.

Can now say, after one game of getting rules under my belt that this is absolutely the best list ever made. Now it doesn't perform well under its current player, but the list is the best. Will be selling copies of the list at the tournament for you to take home and wreck face (so long as you don't just charge random things into much stronger units).

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 10:46 PM, valourunbound said:

How is it that I always have to paint models before tournaments? You'd think I would have them all painted by now...

Your devotion to the Great Horned One is lacking.  Hence, why the northern barbarians have been sent to punish you round 1!

• Like 1