March to War IV: March 14-15 @ Guardian Games

54 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Great job putting on the event Andrew!!

Thank you sir! And a big thank you to everyone who made it with all the Coronavirus scariness going around! This event couldn't happen without all of your support!

-Huge thanks to @DisruptiveConduct all the help he did with terrain preparation, getting stuff packed, sorted, loaded and unloaded! No way this could have been done without his support, and the support of Ordo!

-Huge thanks to @TheBeninator for taking a bullet and acting as the ringer, it was truly a life saver! And also for all of his hard work with the terrain, set-up, tear-down, all of his co-admin help, and for kicking my ass in Axis and Allies!

-Huge thanks to  @valourunbound and his parents for facilitating the pizza for the event (and braving Costco)!

-And a thanks as well to all the above, @Pecksata, and anyone else I am forgetting who helped set up the mats / terrain before the event, and who packed everything up while I was hunched over papers trying to compute scores.

So happy to see such a great gaming community that supports each other and makes events like this possible! Looking forward to next year's March to War!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Absolutely awesome time and a great tournament, especially under all the additional craziness going on around town.  It was an absolute pleasure meeting everyone including @Andrewgeddon himself (except for @SkavenInAZ).  It was really nice getting back into the community and playing with people who were happy to be there.  I had 5 great games that each helped me understand particular rules better or how my army should play. 

I will say, I was very disappointed that there was no best army list award, as it was clearly the dread elves even when played poorly.  Also, there was no "most likely to shout" or "most obnoxious player" awards which should be incorporated into next year's events.  I look forward to continue getting my ass kicked over the next long while. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...