How I met Yodalorian: Mando with Spoilers

InfestedKerrigan

16 minutes ago, generalripphook said:

I feel kinda gilted, they build up all these character relationships over season 1 and by the final epsiode I felt like there were actually meaningful interactions between them. Then at the end of the last epsiode they just throw it all away and kill/leave all those charactera behind? 

You don't honestly think they're not coming back do you?

It's a Space Western, which means it's following many of the conventions of the classic Western genre... Which in turn blatantly stole took inspiration from the old Knight Errant tales: The Wandering Hero rides into town, is confronted by some Great Injustice, he thwarts it, and then he rides off into the sunset. There's almost always some sort of Quest that the Wandering Hero is on that drives him from town to town -- a MacGuffin like a Holy Grail, a fetch quest like returning a magic sword to a shrine, or even just a journey of self discovery... And the Wandering Hero almost always builds up a stable of recurring characters along the way. 

17 minutes ago, Ish said:

You don't honestly think they're not coming back do you?

It's a Space Western, which means it's following many of the conventions of the classic Western genre... Which in turn blatantly stole took inspiration from the old Knight Errant tales: The Wandering Hero rides into town, is confronted by some Great Injustice, he thwarts it, and then he rides off into the sunset. There's almost always some sort of Quest that the Wandering Hero is on that drives him from town to town -- a MacGuffin like a Holy Grail, a fetch quest like returning a magic sword to a shrine, or even just a journey of self discovery... And the Wandering Hero almost always builds up a stable of recurring characters along the way. 

Kuill, Mando Team Bravo, and IG-11, I believe he means.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Raindog said:

135c9ff304384c338acf026b5d60e9f8ccd2738e.jpeg

“This is the Way.”

Between recruitment of the 501st as extras, actual physical sets, practical or optical effects, a plot without a forced romance, minimal CGI, and using a Honest-to-Oz puppet for Baby Yoda... I sometimes wonder if Favreau and Filoni just based every production decision on the idea of doing everything 180° opposite of the prequel and sequel film trilogies...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/28/2019 at 12:24 AM, Ish said:

Ahsoka Tanno and Ezra Bridger were in The Rise of Skywalker and the gorram Darksabre is in The Mandalorian!?

Disney really seems to have learned some of that “interconnected universe” magic from their buy out of Marvel.

I know Ahsoka was one of the Jedi forces that spoke to Rey, but where was Ezra?

8 hours ago, Ish said:

“This is the Way.”

Between recruitment of the 501st as extras, actual physical sets, practical or optical effects, a plot without a forced romance, minimal CGI, and using a Honest-to-Oz puppet for Baby Yoda... I sometimes wonder if Favreau and Filoni just based every production decision on the idea of doing everything 180° opposite of the prequel and sequel film trilogies...

What are you smoking? They used Unreal engine and "Stagecrafting" to create the majority of the show.  

As for using elements of the 501st, cuz they "ran out of stormtroopers" smells a whole lot like "you know how we can save a ton of money by switching to guy-co."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

As for using elements of the 501st, cuz they "ran out of stormtroopers" smells a whole lot like "you know how we can save a ton of money by switching to guy-co."

Even if true, so what?

It's a win for them because they saved money.

It's a win for the extras because being a Star Wars fan who gets to be in Star Wars would be awesome.

It's a win for the audience because we can't tell the difference.

Is there an issue you have with that choice that isn't centered around wishing they spent more money than they needed to?

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

No, rather it is cynical observation, that is all.  ^_^  Hell yeah, it rocks to be those guys, or their children.  Not meaning to undersell that, by any means.  

Ah gotcha. Personally, that's exactly the kind of shortcut I'll allow tightfisted execs. If you can save money and make people happy, go bananas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1