GW Brings Back the Old World

I have the distinct theory that GW's plan is more along the lines of how they did the Horus Heresy content. So rather than getting updates of old models, you'll get new fluff and new models based on the new fluff, but it's backstory for the current game (AoS), not a revitalizing of the old cannon.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if they use this as a stepping stone to remake Mordheim.

1 hour ago, Brother Glacius said:

I don't get this move from gw. They can't really want to get back into rnf models. Not only that, but why even announce now? Whole thing doesn't make sense. Mantic's response was fantastic. 

Testing waters. Also puts pressure on the smaller businesses. Like that Saga Age of Magic now has to think about GW competing with them via more than just Age of Sigmar. And that little post requires almost no effort on their part. They could not do this and cancel the project whenever at no loss to them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boy, I really do miss the End Times and the golden age of Warhammer Fantasy Battles. We had such an amazing meta going and the best tournament every year at OFCC. Too little too late IMO.

As much as I'd love to see my WoC and Skaven back on the table again, I just cant see this being successful enough to take us back to where we were. I despise GW anymore and find their products to be $ grabs. They cant produce a balanced game, its basically beer and pretzel time for the exorbitant price of $1000+ for entry. Great models, horrible games. 🙂 YAY. 

You all should be playing Malifaux. 😉 

• Thanks 1

I’m trying to get an army assembled for The 9th Age, but what’s got me really excited is the upcoming release of Oathmark. It promises to be the exact sort of old school rank-and-flank medieval fantasy that got me to fall in love with the whole wargame hobby back in 1991. 

I’m still enjoying Necromunda and WarCry, but I can’t bring myself to feel any sort of affection for GW’s Big Two these days. Both 8th Edition and AoS launched with promise of a return to a simplified, stream-lined, and fast paced game. Both are instead confusing, bloated, slogs.