Tuesday 11/19 - Ordo Game Night at WOW

ROGRE

Location: 717 SE Main St. Portland OR 97214 (map) - Around the corner from Kokiyo Teriyaki and up the stairs. Cost to play games is $5 for Ordo Members, $2 for Ordo Warlord Champions, FREE for Emperors!  And as always, your first Game Night is FREE! 

Last week on Tuesday Ordo Game Night: There was Gaslands and Blood Bowl in the big room and then RPG double-header D&D in one room and Shadowrun in the other. The gamer haze was thick that evening my friends.

I've been told Gaslands has dug in like tick. Several people just getting their feet wet and learning games abound. Great time to come in and give it a go. 

Battletech is seeing a resurgence with clans going at it on the tables here. I suspect you will see more mechwarriors here in the future. 

Warhammer 40k  - There's always room for the daddy of table top warfare here.

Blood Bowl - Always, not usually, always here!

Games we play: All, with a focus on 40K, board games, Blood Bowl, Necromunda and more. There is sometimes talk of playing Onitama.

Although it is possible to find a pickup game at Game Night, it is much better to prearrange a game before coming downNew players are always welcome, feel free to stop by and check it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got D&D at 6.

Jeff is helping me get a Kill Team refresher game around 430 too.

I also need to pick someone's brain for a kill team refresher. Rules discussion mostly. Running a vanilla KT tournament in Troutdale Saturday Nov 30th, details still to come. Torn on 1hr rounds, but thinking 100pt original Kill Team (not commanders or Elites) to allow newbies to settle in. Thinking about 4 games, prize support and all. It'll be a $10 entry. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Aaron W said:

I plan to be there tomorrow for my first game of Gaslands. I'm assuming that people are using all the "advanced" weapons and sponsors and such from the book, yes?

Happy to go either way.  Most of the folks started with a death race with two basic cars, equipped with hmgs.   I’ve got a couple lists built to 50 cans with sponsors that I’d love to try out, but am happy to do more of a simpler demo  version of that suits better.

We’ve also got some extra dice and templates around (thanks @DisruptiveConduct), and plenty of extra cars, so anyone would be welcome to show up totally tabula rasa and we’d still be able to get them a game.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ninefinger said:

Happy to go either way.  Most of the folks started with a death race with two basic cars, equipped with hmgs.   I’ve got a couple lists built to 50 cans with sponsors that I’d love to try out, but am happy to do more of a simpler demo  version of that suits better.

We’ve also got some extra dice and templates around (thanks @DisruptiveConduct), and plenty of extra cars, so anyone would be welcome to show up totally tabula rasa and we’d still be able to get them a game.

This would be me.  Getting ready for moving has killed any hobby time, so if I may humble myself to borrow...

• Like 2

Gaslands is a pretty balanced system, a 50 Can list that uses Sponsors, Perks, Advanced Cars, etc. shouldn’t have any significant advantage over a 50 Can list that uses just basic cars, basic weapons, and eschews Sponsors.

The scenario might skew things. A Miyazaki or Idris list that’s dialed up to 11 on speed and maneuvering perks will thrash just about anyone in a Death Race... But they’re an oily smoking stain on the ground before turn two in a Deathmatch. 

We’ve got to get a proper “Televised Season” running after the New Year.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Aaron W said:

I really enjoyed my first Ordo visit last night. Thanks to @ninefinger for the Gaslands match - that game is great! Looking forward to meeting more of y'all on future game nights!

Welcome to the club. And I totally agree, gaslands is addictive and awesome! I hope there was much carnage to be had 😀

If you are considering joining, you might consider signing up as a warlord or emperor. It reduces game night dues big time (from $5 as a non-member to $2 for warlord level, or free for Emperor level). I believe we're allowing anyone who signs up for next year they get the rest of this year included. 

I look forward to a match sometime.

• Like 1