I have Wood! 5/6 Gaming

Confused. Are you playing Loren, Shae? Or is Loren Playing Brad or was Brad wanting 2 people to playtest his game?

Loren and a spot for you this week if you want it.  I've got something in mind for Shae next week, but it's going to need some work.

And I wouldn't sweat the 40k scene being gone.  I've played a game the last three weeks running and there was always at least one more table going each week.  I'm just taking the week off because of 7th approaching and to get some stuff done.  I certainly wouldn't mind playing screamerstar.

• Like 1

Personally I have 0 interest in 40k right now. I haven't played a game of it in probably close to a year now. Its just gotten to crazy hence why you probably won't see me playing it until 8th ed at the earliest if the rumors of 7th are true. There are people that still play it just isn't a balanced game anymore which has turned me off. Don't lose hope though Jon as some people still love it

• Like 1

I still enjoy 40k but probably because I play other games as well so It doesn't feel as unbalanced to me as it's diluted by my "game pool" as it were. While I'm playing 40k I realize that there will be moments of craziness (I lost 17 corndogs - 300+ points - on a bad warpstorm roll Round 1 recently) but I play it for what it is. I play the ruleset. I totally get that people who have been at this for over a decade are burnt and waiting for the next inevitable release.

I feel like there will be a lull intill this 7th edition hits, and after that people will see the "new rules" and decide what will happen next.

This and a looming vacation are it for me. Also kind of bummed the orks got pushed out of may for the new edition. Not sure Ill get the ork book before the fall now.

ps. Lately I've had to resort to going to MuGu and Card Kingdom to get weekly 40k games. This is dispiriting. Not the stores. The stores are really nice but the fact that DTG is here and MuGU is there and I can/have gotten a game in 30 min on FB any day of the week is weird. Has 40k died at DTG? That's all I have to say about that.

Of the 4 games I've played on Tuesdays in the past 4 weeks, 2 have been Fantasy, 2 have been 40k. My favorite Fantasy army just got a new book, so I'll be playing that for a bit, but I have to get ready for the OFCC, where I've committed to (and am happy to) play 40k. Game systems wax and wane, ebb and flow. I'd not sweat it. I don't really think anyone (other than Kevin) is butt-hurt over 40k.

And hey! There's been multiple games of 40k every Tuesday all month!

Raak, I'm constrained by my work schedule but will continue to post "hey, can anyone play 40k" in the Warhamster forums.

My schedule somewhat sucks but that being said, I'll be looking to play!  I tried to play twice last week but my opponents had real life crash down so we had to reschedule for calmer seas.

Tuesday nights at DTG are out because I teach at WCC until 2000 hours but that'll end in June so perhaps then I can come in on Tuesdays!

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

Hey! Why am I being brought into this? My problem is less to do with 40k as a game and more to do with GW's mishandling of it. I love that universe, but I feel like GW views it as little more than a cash piñata.

I'm glad there are those that enjoy the game still and are having fun with it. I just don't feel I have the right attitude to contribute to the environment. If I can't offer my opponent a fun game, not playing is the responsible thing to do.

I eagerly await the day when I will enjoy the game and can offer my opponent the game they deserve. In the meantime, spells and space ships suit me fine!

• Like 1

Of the 4 games I've played on Tuesdays in the past 4 weeks, 2 have been Fantasy, 2 have been 40k. My favorite Fantasy army just got a new book, so I'll be playing that for a bit, but I have to get ready for the OFCC, where I've committed to (and am happy to) play 40k. Game systems wax and wane, ebb and flow. I'd not sweat it. I don't really think anyone (other than Kevin) is butt-hurt over 40k.

And hey! There's been multiple games of 40k every Tuesday all month!

That's super, Jim and I would surely agree with you that there are 40k games being played at DTG. My point was that I personally haven't been able to get a 40k game at DTG by posting in this forum and when I have been there with my army all I've heard is a lot of bitching about a 2++. So waxing or waning I'm still looking to play 40k. I appreciate you don't have a problem filling your Tues night game slot but for those of us who didn't start the club or just have a smaller base of people to pull from it can be difficult to get regular games, especially with certain armies. I also have to respectfully disagree with the statement that Kevin is the only one butt-hurt about 40k. Ive heard a little broader consensus than that but, hey, I'm not splitting hairs.

I feel like there will be a lull intill this 7th edition hits, and after that people will see the "new rules" and decide what will happen next.

Yeah but honestly it makes no difference to me. Whether its 7th or 6.5 t wont be so different that no one knows how to play the game anymore. That said there are a lot of cool games out there to play.

I would prefer 2500 for now as I am still getting used to Daemons. I have only played one game so far.

I fit so much Elven brutality into 2500 points, that you won't even believe that they are elves. Ok, maybe by "brutality" I meant "fragility", but they are most certainly elves.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.