Psychic Awakening III - Blood Angels and Tyranids?

dalmer

On 11/20/2019 at 10:30 AM, DisruptiveConduct said:

he looks so angry....

Well, his Primarch got the living [big bad swear word] beat out of him and the Emperor left him for dead (side note: He ain't dead. He's just... Mostly Dead). That set up a weird, timeless Psychic Feed Back Loop of "WTF Horus! I thought we were play fighting!". Meph, being cursed/blessed with Psyker Powers has to deal with that baggage 24/7. That makes him surely and moody. So much that even Dante comments on it, and Astroboi is constantly giving him the Stink Eye, while Lemarties is like "My Bro! Come join the Glorious Orgy of Battle with my Death Company!" But Meph doesn't swing that way, and when a building is dropped on him by some Orks, he is too stubborn to die. He also is left for dead... [big bad swear word]ing Lemarties and his Bro's. And Astroboi is all like "For sooth! We suffer for the loss of Mephiston! Boo hoo (snicker snicker)."

Now Meph, trapped under that building rages. Not a regular rage. Not the Black Rage. We're talking Mega-Black-I'm-Gonna-Rip-A-Heart-Out-Of-Astroboi-And-Make-Him-Eat-It Rage. After a week of MBIGRAHOOAAMHEI Rage, he suddenly realizes he doesn't have that stupid "WTF Horus! I thought we were play fighting!" thing constantly buzzing in his ears. Instead, he finds his new rage, and he can sharpen it to a razor thin edge and use it.

The Orks were a little bit surprised when the building moved. They were even a little bit perplexed when this dude in red shoves aside a one ton slab of ceramite, grabs the nearest Gretchin, twists it's head off, and proceeds to drink the green blood (or is it red? Even GW doesn't seem to know...). Nob Red Eye got pissed. "Oi! Th'a waz mah lunch! Nows, I gotta eat you!" 

What happened next would make even Lemarties blush ("Yo Bro! That was savage!"). When Meph showed up at the main Blood Angels encampment, the sentries thought he was a Dark Angel as he was covered in green blood and gore. He proceeded directly to the Command Bunker where he found Dante, Astroboi, and Lemarties ("Bro! You're back! Bro Hug!"). Meph stiffed armed Lemarties and walked right up to Astroboi. Astroboi, seeing the glowing yellow Eyes of Meph, took a hasty step away searching for his axe. Dante started to straighten , and then stopped clutching his lower back. Old age is a bitch. He sat back down in pain.

Meph, eyes glowing, swept the command bunker. Though Space Marines Know No Fear, none would meet his gaze for more than a few seconds. Finally, he spoke. His voice was cracked and gravely as if he had been screaming under a building for a week.

"The Black Rage no longer holds me. I have transcended it, and anyone that doubts me, can kiss my ass. I'm gonna go take a bath, get some new armor, and then go out and kick some Ork Ass. Ya'll are welcome to join me, except you, Astroboi. Your days of hacking up our breathern because they have fallen to the Black Rage are over!"

And without another word, he walked out. He kept his word. Got some new armor, then single handedly won the Battle for Armageddon.

Afterwards, Lemarties was asked what he thought about Meph. "Bro! Savage!"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1