Kill Team campaign?

Sgt. Rock

Are there any rumblings within the bowels of Ordo for another Kill Team campaign? I really wanted to get in on the one last summer, but life just kicked my ass and I just didn't have time. I've had a hankering for some Kill Team action lately, and I really want to play in a campaign, as I feel like that's where the game really comes into its own. I know Guardian is running a few tournaments over the winter, but I don't want anything that competitive. @ninefinger, what are the odds of a repeat?

10 hours ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Are there any rumblings within the bowels of Ordo for another Kill Team campaign? I really wanted to get in on the one last summer, but life just kicked my ass and I just didn't have time. I've had a hankering for some Kill Team action lately, and I really want to play in a campaign, as I feel like that's where the game really comes into its own. I know Guardian is running a few tournaments over the winter, but I don't want anything that competitive. @ninefinger, what are the odds of a repeat?

There's 2 Kill Team events coming up. One this Saturday the 30th in Troutdale at Goin Gaming (full player packet, prizes, beer, food, achievements, 4 rounds, will be a blast!).

The other is Dec 8th at Guardian Games.

That said. I have not discussed running another KT league, but you're right it would be easy to do. Depends on interest? It's hard with the holidays coming up to start something up, and I don't know if we'd have room in Jan to set something up between the Bolt action league and Gaslands in spring. Let's see if we can get some interest? @ninefinger I'd be game to help run a KT campaign again if we've got interest.

I do have an idea bubbling away for a campaign, using the campaign rule set out of the KT book, themed around exploring a space hulk, and encouraging folks to write their own bit of story as the games unfold.  

but it is one of a myriad of ideas I’ve got bubbling without enough time to pull the trigger.  I would like to do another campaign sometime in q1, as it fits in around some of the other events we have going on.

I’m happy to collaborate with someone on running this, or even just make the props and outline my basic ideas and then hand off the whole shebang. 

that being said, kill team has still had a fairly steady showing at game nights, and a couple of folk have run their own mini narrative campaigns.   I bet if you post up on nights you can be there, you could get some games in before anything gets officially organized.

3 hours ago, ninefinger said:

I do have an idea bubbling away for a campaign, using the campaign rule set out of the KT book, themed around exploring a space hulk, and encouraging folks to write their own bit of story as the games unfold.  

but it is one of a myriad of ideas I’ve got bubbling without enough time to pull the trigger.  I would like to do another campaign sometime in q1, as it fits in around some of the other events we have going on.

I’m happy to collaborate with someone on running this, or even just make the props and outline my basic ideas and then hand off the whole shebang. 

that being said, kill team has still had a fairly steady showing at game nights, and a couple of folk have run their own mini narrative campaigns.   I bet if you post up on nights you can be there, you could get some games in before anything gets officially organized.

I've spoken with ninefinger about this as well, and I'm willing to help run a narrative space hulk campaign.  Story first and such.

6 hours ago, Ish said:

Would anyone object to my using Necromunda Enforcers in Kill Team? Counting them as Tempestus Scions or Space Marine Scouts perhaps...?

He's kidding. And it's really just about being decently WYSIWYG. So if a gun looks like a gun, sure. Kill Team is small enough though that legit models are not hard to get (mindtaker.org?). 

Also, books aren't really needed for players, as plenty seem to have it already or pdf's. Kill team is one of those casual awesome pockets imo.