Sons of Sanguinius

MexicanNinja

Here's where we're at...

YK4SeYb.jpg?1

b1UTuqq.jpg

IiaxgFN.jpg

ZHxQLU2.jpg

This is the Death Company Captain.  I need to mold the hand to the scythe and apply green stuff to the wrist area on the right hand as well.  He will be wielding the scythe in one hand and will have a custodes shield in the left.

The picture of the back of the foot is an area I will need to green stuff in the back of the boot.  I will also be green stuffing his abdomen area as well.

This is my first time working with green stuff so hopefully it turns out well.  This will set the tone for my second Smash Captain conversion who will be wielding the spear (counts as thunder hammer) and a shield.  He will not have a hooded head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/15/2020 at 10:38 PM, MexicanNinja said:

Anyone have quality green stuff tips for a n00bie?

Get yourself some silicon tipped hobby sculpting tools. They don't stick to GS and allow way more control shaping and smoothing.

Also work with small amounts of GS at a time and build up to final layer. Adds strength to areas that may need support.

Good luck. These look like great start!

• Like 2

Get yourself some silicon tipped hobby sculpting tools. They don't stick to GS and allow way more control shaping and smoothing.

Also work with small amounts of GS at a time and build up to final layer. Adds strength to areas that may need support.

20 minutes ago, scotthartman said:

Thank you for the tips and advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Starting to lay down some paint on the Death Company Captain

nmS9lfi.jpg

KwRhpKy.jpg

I am also in the process of making a my own version of The Sanguinor along with the second captain.

Sad news.....I will be going in for shoulder surgery on Tuesday and will be in a sling for nearly 5 weeks so I won't be able to hobby during March.  Today and tomorrow will be the last updates to this adventure while I recover.

The GREAT news....I'll have my army all ready to assemble, prime, and paint by the time I am recovered! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I primed the aggressors, incursors, and one of the impulsors.

I used Dragon Red from army painter.

For any future, or current Blood Angels players, I strongly suggest Dragon Red from army painter.  I feel that it lays down a much smoother and better looking primer over Mephiston Red from GW.

Once I am able to, I'll post pics of the models for color.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Romans832 said:

I thought I was the only one who saw the lictor... crap.

Anyone spot the ShadowSeer yet?
I know Veil of Tears got a little funny these days

That’s not a Shadow Seer, it’s a Callidius Assassin cleverly disguised as a Shadow Seer.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...