Probably OFCC List

Here is what I am likely bringing with me to OFCC this year.

Lord of Change:  Level 4 (Tzeentch)  Lesser Gift, Exalted Gift.:    570

Herald of Nurgle:  BSB, Level 1 (Nurgle), Greater Locus of Fecundity.  Greater Gift:   295

Herald of Nurgle:  Level 1 (Nurgle) Lesser Locus of Virulence.  Greater Gift  215

26 Plague Bearers:  Full Command  368

14 Plague Bearers:   Full Command.  Banner of Swiftness.   227

15 Horrors of Tzeentch:  Full Command    225

4 Nurgling Bases:   160

3 Beasts of Nurgle:   180

Soul Grinder:   Mark of Nurgle, Daemon Bone Claw, Plegm Bombardment:        315

Truth Seeker:  Level 3 (Life)                            245

Total:   2800

I think it lacks a bit of coherency.  I totally understand not going mono-god, and with that certain things will seem out of place by their nature.  No problem.  But the list seems solidly weighted to Nurgle, with just the big chicken and the token horror unit breaking an otherwise all Nurgle list.  What about finding a way to get in one more Tzeentch unit, to balance out?  I don't know, just my impressions.  Daemons are hard to build lists for.

The truthseer is totally out of place and doesn't belong, however.  How about a Dark Emissary?

Isn't it Truthsayer?

But anywho... I think the power level of this list it taken down a notch by the giant pile of magic levels... I count 8 plus the horrors? What level are they? I forget... Of course half of that is Tzeencth

On the fluff side, yeah, Tzeen and Nurgle don't go (but by the current rules it is a full on go!) and as far as toning down Nurgle a bit it is a decent option. I could see how Life spells would be sorta fitting in the list, but as AgentP said... the combo potential is just ridiculous.

That was me pointing out the combo power. Yes I'm being pedantic.

Daemons aren't bad to build if you accept that there are some things that really abuse the system, and avoid it.

I would do something like

Lord of Change

Herald of nurgle

Herald of tzeentch

Exalted Flamer

24 Plague bearers, FC

20 Horrors, FC

4 Nurglings

3 beasts of nurgle

3 Flamers of Tzeentch

3 Flamers of Tzeentch

Skullgrinder

Flamer chariot.

If I had time to paint and money to buy models, yeah, I could go a different route. But as is, I gotta go with what I have. I was originally planning on bringing Warriors, but can't as one of my teammates is running them.

As for lores, life fits in thematically better with Nurgle and Tzeentch than life or death. The bearers will rarely be t8 as that would take up two spell slots on a level 3 and it isn't really worth it IMHO.

As I said before, I got beat by two different armies of opposite power levels. The list is way more toned down than the ones I normally run, and would need some lucky swings to go 3-2.

As for Herozero' suggestion, losing a banner would be horrible, One cannon to lord of change during a b&g game and I am done. Also, I don't care for flamers really so don't run them often. And I don't own a chariot.

Finally, as for fluff and power, the different forces do work reluctantly for shared goals. My general doesn't work for most of my army and my unit that needs BSB the most doesn't benefit from it. Calling it high powered is a bit of an over-reaction as I am missing most op daemon units other than the beasts, and one unit of three of those is hardly amazing. As for the truth sayer. He will be painted up as a chaos seeker and understands that Tzeentch and Nurgle are true gods of life.

Life does not fit with that list, for fluff, at all. Honestly, I would rate this list a 4 just because of the possible toughness combo for the plague bus. The life lore is looking more like the "win" lore for this list. Death fits chaos much much better than life ever will.

Have to disagree. Chaos is life. Order is death.

Also, t6-8 plaguebearers are more deadly than t8 Saurus warriors with an armor save and potential ward?

This army gets destroyed by armor, sniped by cannons, and overwhelmed by hordes. My damage output is highly inconsistent.

I think a 4 is super high for this list for many of the reasons I have stated above.

• Like 1

Yes they are talapas, your win/loss record really doesn't factor into what the.perceived power level can be.

It's.not just tough boost, its also dwellers below and unit healing you have to factor in.

Life is widely perceived as the "good guys" lore. Case in point no force of chaos has access to it.

Any buff on a unit that is inheritly t4 , 5+ ward, and -1 to hit is going to be amplified quite a bit.

From the Truthsayer entry in the Storm of Magic book:

"Driven by this deperation, many a Truthsayer has found himself battling alongside unsavory allies, harnessing his mastery of Jade Magic to a destructive cause.  The goal on these occasions is to work a greater good by committing a small evil, but with every step along this path, the reclamation of their home becomes a ever more distant dream."

Maybe if he was putting a Zoat in his army that wouldn't make sense, but a Truthsayer fits in my opinion.

• Like 1

From the Truthsayer entry in the Storm of Magic book:

"Driven by this deperation, many a Truthsayer has found himself battling alongside unsavory allies, harnessing his mastery of Jade Magic to a destructive cause.  The goal on these occasions is to work a greater good by committing a small evil, but with every step along this path, the reclamation of their home becomes a ever more distant dream."

Maybe if he was putting a Zoat in his army that wouldn't make sense, but a Truthsayer fits in my opinion.

Yeah but he'd have yo use Jade magic :tongue:

Have to disagree. Chaos is life. Order is death.

Also, t6-8 plaguebearers are more deadly than t8 Saurus warriors with an armor save and potential ward?

This army gets destroyed by armor, sniped by cannons, and overwhelmed by hordes. My damage output is highly inconsistent.

I think a 4 is super high for this list for many of the reasons I have stated above.

Going from a Warhammer prospective Chaos does not in any way equal Life. It hate life on this side of the warp and is actively looking to destroy All Living Beings, even its followers. Only the depraved and insane follow the Lords of Chaos, or they quickly become depraved and insane fast.

The gods that preach Order are trying to preserve their follower's Lives, no matter how you look at it. But that is the Warhammer fluff not personal philosophy.

The rest is up to the Raters, so I will let them gauge the list's rating.

Going from a Warhammer prospective Chaos does not in any way equal Life. It hate life on this side of the warp and is actively looking to destroy All Living Beings, even its followers. Only the depraved and insane follow the Lords of Chaos, or they quickly become depraved and insane fast.

The gods that preach Order are trying to preserve their follower's Lives, no matter how you look at it. But that is the Warhammer fluff not personal philosophy.

The rest is up to the Raters, so I will let them gauge the list's rating.

This seems to be a common idea, but if you read the Nurgle fluff in the book, you will see that Nurgle reveres both life and death equally.

This seems to be a common idea, but if you read the Nurgle fluff in the book, you will see that Nurgle reveres both life and death equally.

Oh yeah, father Nurgle. He does promote a kind of life, diseased and mutated form of it, but also a very unnatural form of it.

As I said before, a demented an insane view. Life but not really life. If you read books that discuss Nurgle's Touch, which his followers all have, it is a disease that kills rather quickly but worshiping Nurgle will stall death. Then again the body is still ravaged by the disease, along with the soul and mind, till it either finally just gives up and dyes or it is mutated to a final form ripe for possession by demon. Not life as life is but a mockery and twisted vision meant to be an insult to what life is.

Again, just fluff discussion. Not too serious about it. Don't have many chances to do it.

Oh yeah, father Nurgle. He does promote a kind of life, diseased and mutated form of it, but also a very unnatural form of it.

As I said before, a demented an insane view. Life but not really life. If you read books that discuss Nurgle's Touch, which his followers all have, it is a disease that kills rather quickly but worshiping Nurgle will stall death. Then again the body is still ravaged by the disease, along with the soul and mind, till it either finally just gives up and dyes or it is mutated to a final form ripe for possession by demon. Not life as life is but a mockery and twisted vision meant to be an insult to what life is.

Again, just fluff discussion. Not too serious about it. Don't have many chances to do it.

Ah, I think I see where we are differing. Followers of chaos do promote death and suffering as a part of their worship. In my opinion, the followers see death as the eventual goal to be achieved through the spread of disease, where to papa himself, death is often just am unavoidable side affect.

Also, you are using a very human centric vision of what life forms are valued. A twisted, deadly form of a microbe may be something you, and most humans, do not value, but on a purely scientific level, not much difference between us in the grand scheme of things. We are born, we consume, we kill, reproduce, then die. You value one type life more, because of your natural biases. You could argue that Nurgle values life even more than humans as he is constantly trying to create more diverse types of life. Just because they are microscopic, doesn't mean they have less value as living creatures on a cosmic level.