Ish’s Samurai Project

Ish

For the jade effect, I used Rustoleum Camouflage Army Green, followed by a dry brush of Citadel Layer Gauss Blaster Green (going intentionally heavy in some random spots and lighter in others), followed by a heavy wash of Citadel Shade Biel-Tan Green. 

For Orc skin, I use the Army Green spray, followed by a wash of Biel-Tan, followed by a dry brush of Citadel Dry Niblet Green. I used this recipe recently for The Hulk.

Army Green spray followed by a Biel-Tan wash without any dry brushing (and maybe a “pin wash” of Nuln Oil in the deepest recesses) gives a perfect Dark Angels power armor, 

For a nice WWII “olive drab,” I use the Army Green spray followed by Citadel Shade Seraphim Sepia.

The entire Rustoleum Camouflage line of sprays paints is magic if you want anything with an earth tone. They go on nice and thin, bond great with plastics and pewter, and have a lovely matte finish with an almost imperceptible sandiness to the finish that makes them drink up washes.

I love ‘em.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When the viral apocalypse is over, I’ll hit the neighborhood craft store for some jewelry chain to make reins for the driver. I might also add a base for it in the future, but other than those details, I’m calling my war elephant done:

751A31C9-DB3B-4C4B-85A0-6303F44CE807.thumb.jpeg.27d9b08e87a79a5d0eee6f456776c276.jpeg

The wizard figure comes from that same line of random Chinese miniatures. I’ve based him separately so he can be used on foot or mounted on the elephant.

FEF51A26-72F1-42DC-B945-F267E1693B05.thumb.jpeg.810fe67e1563b81977f01613ce70265d.jpeg

8FABE2A4-4272-495E-8D33-5F22CDEBB11D.thumb.jpeg.b229cf65b2b78383f0fdd11a2fc45b8e.jpeg

A sacred jade statue on the back of an elephant leading an army of samurai and ashigaru into battle? No, it makes no logical sense. But considering they’ll be fighting dwarves on giant snails and anarcho-communist medieval serfs, I think we can agree to overlook logic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1