WIP Chaos cult list for new Campaign

Salty Monkey

The Prophets of Nix (WIP)

- A traitor guard themed chaos cult

Background: The leader of this band calls himself Commander Zero and rumor is that he and his band are deserters on the run..and found themselves here.

It is unknown if they are actually traitor guardsmen or if they are just gangers who found a bunch of imperial weaponry. But the Commander runs his men like troops with the advice of a withered old witch known as Arotha the Wight. His 'troops' tend to keep tight ranks only occasionally mixing with locals...

List so far: (1000pts)

Commander Zero - Demagogue: Mesh armor sword & long rifle (skill: commanding presence) 165 creds

Arotha the Wight - witch: mesh armor, laspistol & chaos familiar (spell skill: dark shield)  120 creds

Riggs - Disciple: Mesh armor laspistol & chainsword (skill: infiltrate)  110 creds

Red Mike - Disciple: Mesh armor fighting knife & lasgun (Skill: True Grit)  105 creds

Troops:

2x cultist w/ club & laspistol  (55 creds each)

2x cultist w/ laspistol  (45 creds each)

6x cultist w/ lasgun  (50 creds each)

This is my first Necromunda list. Going with numbers (like a good guard list should 😉 )  & I would appreciate any feedback / advice you have

• Like 1

As a general rule, I tend to prefer las-weapons of all stripes to just about anything else in Necromunda. They are the epitome of the “Boring But Practical” and in campaign-format their reliability is more valuable than the raw damage from other weapons.

You might want to figure out how to get some Smoke Grenades into the list (although I confess, I’m not sure if they’re part of the Cult armory). The Helot Cult tends to favor short-range shootouts, Smoke Grenades can be a big boon in moving closer without getting shot-up by gangs that prefer longer ranges.

Heavier armored opponents are also going to be tough with just las-weapons. Probably not much that can be done about that at this stage, but any opportunity to loot or barter some Krak Grenades should be taken.

• Like 2

Looks pretty solid.  You’ll be super set for any missions that allow full squads, and should be able to weather injuries and recovery time pretty well.   The downside of numbers in necromunda is that occasionally your crew will get ambushed, and you may have to randomly draw which members take part.

Lasguns are great all around, and if you start adding sights, or hot las packs they can pack even more punch.  Smoke grenades are a good idea until folks start getting photo visors.   Normal grenades or booby traps will probably be a good investment as they develop as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, Salty Monkey said:

@Ish & @ninefinger  thanks for the feedback.

when you purchase grenades are they considered one and done or is it like other range weapons?

Also what is your opinions on grenade launchers...I found one today while mucking about 😉

Grenades are wargear, so your model will have them every time they hit the field.   They do however, have the grenade rule, which means they have to test for an ammo check anytime they're used.   Often a ganger ends up only bringing one to the battle.

grenade launchers are very good, in general, but they do take up one of a models 3 weapoon slots.  General consensus is that you have to buy the model with frag and krak as a basis, but can then add any of the additional ammo types during a campaign.  

Grenades are treated as special type of ranged weapon. A fighter with grenades can throw one as a Shoot action. Grenades do not have a Short range, and their Long range is determined by multiplying the attacking fighter's Strength by 3.

Grenades are always a lot more limited than other ranged weapons. As such, the Firepower dice is not rolled when attacking with a grenade. Instead, after the attack has been resolved, an Ammo check is made automatically. Grenades cannot be reloaded – once they are gone, they are gone for the entire battle.

An Ammo check fail on a grenade launcher, however, might represent a weapon jamming or some other minor malfunction, but we can assume the wielder carries sufficient ammo for the battle and if they are able to clear the fault then they are able to reload. This is factored into the cost of the weapon.

Basically, once you buy a ganger an X Grenade weapon, he’s going to start each fight with an X Grenade. But he’s far more likely to run out of ammo with it (most Grenades have a 5+ or 6+ Ammo Check) during the course of the fight. You cannot Reload them during the fight, but you get them back automatically between missions.

Grenade Launchers can be given a Reload, which is why they’re a lot more pricey than hand grenades... Looking at it from the perspective of  a Street Judge Adeptus Arbites Palanite Enforcer krak grenades and grenade launchers are my only real option for heavy armor and melee swarms. I’ll be investing heavily in them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninefinger said:

also.

i've sent you an invite to the ordo fanaticus guild on yaktribe.  We had a heck of a time finding where the accept button was, but poke around and see if you can find it.

I replyed to the request...I think let me know 🙂

Also I updated/ customized my startling list

https://yaktribe.games/underhive/print/gang/88934?i=0&r=0

Basicly dropped a couple of basic cultists picked up a grenade laucher and a krak grenade for my disciples and customized my other cultists a bit :). 

Thanks for the advice from both of you 🙂

• Like 1