Warhammer 40K: 5th Edition Redux

Andrewgeddon

chaos lesser daemons should be made scoring . Fifth chaos marines lacked a lot of the legion specific stuff they had in 3.5 where u would get free stuff for taking magic number units or special force org. Making thousand sons sorcerer cheaper with free spell would work . 

So In fifth marines and every other army got spells for free right? Chaos marines and daemons Had to pay for some reason why not remove the charge for them but allow only one or two to be taken ?

• Like 2

On 6/12/2020 at 8:17 AM, Andrewgeddon said:

I would suggest that something has to be done with Lash of Submission. 

One of the very powerful ways to run CSM in 5th is beginning with with 2 Slaanesh demon princes, then pack as many template weapons as possible in the list. Obliterators, vindicators, blastmasters, doom sirens, and havoc launchers. 

It's both an incredible force multiplier and a negative play experience in-a-can (having your opponent pick up your squad, take them outside, and lay them down in the street twice a turn can be lame).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Munkie said:

I would suggest that something has to be done with Lash of Submission. 

One of the very powerful ways to run CSM in 5th is beginning with with 2 Slaanesh demon princes, then pack as many template weapons as possible in the list. Obliterators, vindicators, blastmasters, doom sirens, and havoc launchers. 

It's both an incredible force multiplier and a negative play experience in-a-can (having your opponent pick up your squad, take them outside, and lay them down in the street twice a turn can be lame).

Lash wasn't as powerful as you think in etc team events it ranked as a bad list because most people started meching up so u can't lash vechiles secoundly it was stoppable by psyche hoods etc . It was the only trick in the chaos book cast by a four wound dp who was easily dealt with . I think double lash is s bit much maybe nerf it to only be taken once ?

list that where bent was the caravan car park for guard, paladin star ,login wing  and the tag team champions of the world sanguinor and mephiston.

My point wasn't that CSM was one of the most powerful armies, but that double Lash was the most powerful way to run them.

This change to the army makes it better.

With cheaper noise marines and blast masters, why wouldn't you take a double lash/maximum blastmaster list?

• 1 year later...
On 6/13/2020 at 1:17 AM, Andrewgeddon said:

Have "finished" the Chaos Space Marine codex, at least for now. Three things I am still considering:

-Add marks to Chaos Spawn?
-Add variants to Land Raiders, consistent with Space Marines?
-Give drop pod access?

A few notes on my changes:
-Removed random table for Possessed powers, you now get the choose one.
-Tried to make Chaos Spawn suck less.
-Added Traitor Legion traits.
-Change Warptime to make it consistent with how EVERYONE played it pre-FAQ (FAQ made it useless). Might warrant a point increase?
-Changed Daemon Weapon so that a 1 doesn't make you lose attacks.
-Changed Chaos Dreadnought to be closer in line with loyalist one. Base model is 15 points cheaper than loyalist one, with one more attack and options for a 2nd DCCW, but still suffers from a toned-down "Crazed" chart (removed "Fire Frenzy" result) and does not have option for a drop pod.
-Noise Marines sonic weapons prices reduced, Blasters are free, Blastmaster down to 20 points (from 40).
-Thousand Sons Aspriing Sorcerer price reduced from 60 down to 40.
-Obliterator Cult is now a 0-1 option, except for Iron Warriors, to encourage other options and to make Iron Warriors cool.

You can check it out here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ybQ2C7QhSsxNLoSEBS0hZNWjcdtf4sK1T-vWhwM_M-s/edit?usp=sharing

Long term goals would be to circle back and eventually add in the newer models to the army (Daemon Engines mostly).

Appreciate any feedback!

EDIT!:
Forgot to add to the addendum that cult troops move from "Troops" slot to "Elite" slot, unless you take the corresponding Legion. Will add on my lunch break.

I like most of what you have changed. I will say I actually enjoy the Fire Frenzy on the Dreadnought.

Also Obliterator I like having more than 1. But maybe Iron Warriors could have Basilisk (same stats as Imperial Guard).

Daemon Prince for Khorne should have a either furious charge or NULLIFY for the psychic. This is because of the points and since the Daemon is a psych but Khorne is not. 

• Like 1