Traditional paint competition at OFCC 2020?

RobynMM

I think bringing in painted minis for a competition could be problematic. Transportation is an issue for many - especially if the mini isn’t part of your army.  And if it’s a large figure.  The other issue I’d see is verification as to whom painted vs entered a mini into a competition.  It’s already the case that some teams have just one or two folks paint all the armies on a team ... and the team scoring high in appearance because of this (not an issue if that’s the intent of the team paint score). 

I know they had a painting comp last year at OFCC - I didn’t witness it - but the painting took place as part of the event. 

~d

• Like 1

If such a thing were done I'd rather see it integrated into the existing competition. No extra submission necessary. The whole event could just feature a 'best model' category but it would be a model already in play. A player wanting to be considered for the award could simply display their chosen model front and center on their army display. Any player not using figures they painted themselves shouldn't be eligible for any kind of 'best appearance' points. In my view. 

That said, I definitely endorse any and all efforts to encourage more painting and more quality painting. No matter how it's arranged. That's my favorite part of the whole hobby. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1