2020 Winter Warzone 40K Escalation League Rules (CANCELLED)

Dark Trainer

40K Escalation League - 2020 Winter Warzone

“The road to OFCC”

2020WinterWarzone.png

Welcome everyone! You’ve waited patiently, here’s the rules you've waited for!

What: 40k escalation league

When: 8 weeks of slaughter! Starting Saturday February 29th 2020 and ending Friday April 24th 2020.

Where (multiple locations in Portland/Vancouver area): 

• Ordo/WoW clubhouse, (Tuesdays 5pm+ and Sundays 3pm+) on normal game nights. Arrange games in game night thread on these forums.
  • Goin' Gaming (Sundays, starts at noon)
  • Gambit's Cards & Hobbies (Thursdays, starts at 5:30pm). Play at their league night and receive 10% off product, food, & drinks.
  • Fate & Fury games, (Saturdays, call ahead for time) 
  • Geeks and Games, (Mondays, call ahead for time). Come enjoy a beer and have a great game!
  • Even home games are allowed (against league players).

Perks: There will be a 1750 point ITC style tournament Saturday April 25th 2020 after the league ends hosted at the Ordo clubhouse. Anyone who purchased 2020 Ordo champ dues (Reaver or higher) and played at least 5 weeks/games in the 40k league for credit will get FREE entry to that tournament. More info to come.

Who: YOU!!!

Why: Because you need to prepare an army, refresh on 40k rules, or just love 40k so much you want to play more often! Also, this would be great preparation if you’re thinking about OFCC in July!

Cost: League itself is FREE for everyone. With the exception of game night dues (playing at WoW) or if the store you play at has a fee.

• Highly recommend renewing your champion status on the Ordo store for 2020. Warlord more than pays for itself for just the 8 league nights alone when playing at WoW.

Needed: Bring a copy of your lists each week, gaming equipment (dice, cards, etc), and a good sportsmanlike gaming demeanor.

Army Composition:

• Battleforged lists using matched play, with the goal of escalating a real army for future use (OFCC, tournaments, and other future events).

• Max detachments:

• 500 points: 1 detachment

• 750 to 1250: 2 detachments

• 1500 to 1750: 3 detachments

• Armies can include any number of 40k approved Games Workshop, Chapter Approved, or Forgeworld sources

• Each week will be an increased point value.

• Week 1 (Feb 29th) - 500 (doubles recommended)

• Week 2 (March 7th) - 750 (doubles recommended)

• Week 3 (March 14th) - 1000 (doubles optional)

• Week 4 (March 21st) - 1000 (doubles optional)

• Week 5 (March 28th) - 1250

• Week 6 (April 4th) - 1500

• Week 7 (April 11th) - 1500

• Week 8 (April 18th) - 1750 (same point level as tournament on April 25th)

• You need to have fun with this. Experiment with combinations you’ve never tried, you are not locked into a list or army during this league! This is not a win at all costs league, make sure your opponents enjoy the game too.

• CLARIFICATIONS:

• If you use a detachment, you get all the benefits of a detachment including CP's.

• Some weeks have limits on how many of detachments you can take.

image.jpeg.a82f77dfa577aee64d7cc8bd560f8e82.jpeg

Event Specific Rules:

• Your army is your army.

• You have your own Warlord. Nominate a CHARACTER. Required keyword.

• If playing doubles:

• Your psychic powers can only buff your army. They are allowed to debuff your teammate’s army.

• For the purposes of the Fight Phase, teammates are considered as one and will need to pick a single unit to Fight first.

• 6x4 tables with FAQ Tactical Reserves rules in effect.

• Smaller tables will be used for the lower point levels.

• League points will be earned in 3 ways:

• Win/Loss/Draw

• Newly painted models/units

• Sportsmanship

Painting and Basing Requirements:

• All models must be WYSIWYG assembled (no proxies). Painted is optional.

• If counting models toward painting points:

• Must be minimum 3 colors

• Effort must be made to transform or replace the bare plastic base

• Points will be awarded to single models newly (1 point each, max 3) painted OR bonus points if an entire squad is newly painted/finished (5 points). This can be earned weekly.

Missions:

• All missions will be released the Sunday before the week begins on Tuesdays. (i.e. Mission for the first week will be posted March 1st, etc).

Earning League Points (earned once each week):

• Win: 5 points

• Loss: 1 point

• Draw: 3 points

• Newly painted models OR unit

• Newly painted counts if completed after Feb 1st 2020, in preparation for the league.

• If painted 2 units in a week, count the other unit next week (yes it can carry over).

• 1 point per newly painted model, max 3

• OR

• 5 points for newly painted squad, vehicle, or monstrous creature

• Up to 5 Points for sportsmanship

• Create a weekly updated thread on the Ordo forums tracking your missions & progress (+1pt)

• Bring food for your league mates or buy opponent a snack/drink? (+1pt)

• Did you laugh and grin during the match OR crave a rematch? (+1pt for your opponent)

• Travel to a different location than you usually play OR play an opponent you have ‘never’ played/met before (+1pt)

• Bring a new person to the league (+1pt)

Awards:

• Best Overall

• Awarded by Most total points

• Prize: A custom forum banner for your Ordo posts showing your awesomeness!

• Best escalation

• Awarded by most painting points

• Prize: Bragging rights

• Best Sportsmanship

• Awarded by most sportsmanship points

• Prize: Bragging rights

• Stores may offer their players additional prize support on the side as desired.

I will be tweaking this as needed so please stay tuned to this page. Ask any questions. Tell me what you think.

For the Good of the Order!

Image result for 40k warhammer

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Torg said:

Hmmm wondering if glimpses would be doing this?   Wondering if I have time to play 

If glimpses has an event person I can contact and work with, I'd be happy to provide them everything they need (missions, scoring sheet online, etc). They just need someone to coordinate their games and nights to do so (and store approval). 

2 hours ago, Salty Monkey said:

Because this is a cool fun event is there any objections to say some knights...of the Chaos variety that is?

Of course, just be mindful bringing say a 20 wound T8 model pre 1k can be very rough for many armies. However, I'd totally play ya!

I also just got 'Goin gaming' in Troutdale added also.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Dark Trainer said:

Of course, just be mindful bringing say a 20 wound T8 model pre 1k can be very rough for many armies. However, I'd totally play ya!

I know that I, for one, would have a lot of trouble bringing down even a single knight at anything other less than 1500 points, unless I knew in advance and brought an extreme skew list. And even then, I'd probably struggle a bit. Wouldn't be much fun, at least for me.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

I know that I, for one, would have a lot of trouble bringing down even a single knight at anything other less than 1500 points, unless I knew in advance and brought an extreme skew list. And even then, I'd probably struggle a bit. Wouldn't be much fun, at least for me.

Agree. Knights players usually do things like armiger's or small detachment of softer with it. That said, we will be trying to make good matchups too! This is for fun after all.

• Like 1

Good. I can handle Armigers, they aren't that much worse than, say, a Contemptor or something. I'm of the archaic belief that superheavies like Baneblades and Knights don't belong on the table unless you're playing Apoc. 😛 I realize that's a very outdated and curmudgeonly attitude, but I never felt like something that big belonged in a regular game. Same with primarchs, Ghazghkull, etc. But I'm just a grumpy old grognard who is having trouble adapting to things like command points and stratagems and detachments, so ignore my grousing. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Good. I can handle Armigers, they aren't that much worse than, say, a Contemptor or something. I'm of the archaic belief that superheavies like Baneblades and Knights don't belong on the table unless you're playing Apoc. 😛 I realize that's a very outdated and curmudgeonly attitude, but I never felt like something that big belonged in a regular game. Same with primarchs, Ghazghkull, etc. But I'm just a grumpy old grognard who is having trouble adapting to things like command points and stratagems and detachments, so ignore my grousing. 

Yeah agreed. The meta here is not about super heavy focus. Just wanted to make sure people were considerate of it at the right point levels.

• Like 1

Good. I fear change, and would prefer to keep my bushes. I'd like to come out and play, because while I'm enjoying my escalation league at Fate & Fury, they have an unfortunate problem with the meta in that league at the moment that, with the exception of the one guy who's been playing orks since the late 90's, EVERYONE is playing some flavor of Space Marine, and it's getting dull.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, apathy ales said:

Hay guys. I haven't been around for a bit, but hope to start coming around more for this. What's Sunday night gunna look like? Last year there were a few of us, but it was slim pickins, I just can't make Tuesdays with my work schedule.

I don't know what Sunday at Wow will look like yet. Would be cool to get a head count, wouldn't it.

1 minute ago, Brother Glacius said:

I got my wife the sisters starter...the plan was to work on our armies together and I'm going to teach her 40K. She's more excited about the painting than the playing though 

They are amazing minis and I look forward to seeing what she does. Right now, I'm a bit more hobby than playing myself.