2020 Winter Warzone 40K Escalation League Rules (CANCELLED)

Dark Trainer

4 minutes ago, ZeroStride said:

Hey just to clarify the "no proxies" so I have been working on this as a missionary. I'm guessing that is conversion not proxy, but that I'd have to find a way to get a chainsword on her then?

Great looking model. The main thing is avoiding 90% 3d printed models,  non-represented minis, etc. People want to play a game without cardboard cutouts. 😉

That's a very nice conversion and would totally be fine. As for WYSIWYG, that's your call. Definitely nice to be able to call something a CC weapon if she's armed with it (buzzsaw on the servo-skull?). However, WSYIWYG for this league is meant to be pretty lax (don't call a rhino a landraider, but you get the idea).

2 minutes ago, wisetiger7 said:

Question: for the doubles games, do the factions have to be allies or whatever? Or can it just be whatever each player brings?

Nope, it's basically a 2v2, you cannot impact or help your allies army. Strategems and such only work for your army.

But as you said, whatever each player brings.

Show up, report your game to your site's Tournament Organizer (Me at Ordo/WoW on Tuesday), others on Sunday or if you visit a participating game store. No requirement to attend 'all' weeks, and can also do make up games after the fact with no issue. Very casual and 

The missions will be posted in a thread on the 40k forums here. I'll add a link to it in this thread too. The missions will have scoring and such to report.

22 minutes ago, Tamwulf said:

Has anyone contacted Dice Age Games to see if they would be interesting in hosting a 40K game night? I know they already play on Thursdays and Saturdays.

The requirement for a game store to participate is a main contact to do all mission distribution and score tracking. Likely no one has reached out, yet we also don't have a contact to run it there either.

3 hours ago, Tamwulf said:

Has anyone contacted Dice Age Games to see if they would be interesting in hosting a 40K game night? I know they already play on Thursdays and Saturdays.

What matt meant to say is, do you know who runs/organizes their leagues or game nights?  Us reaching out and talking to the store personnel doesn’t always do as much to get the ball rolling.  

Have that person shoot a message to @Dark Trainer if you do.   

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2020 at 11:56 AM, necrontyr said:

I think they have a scored and tracked game night on Mondays.

It can be any night. As @ninefinger said. If someone wants to have a person willing to run a store's participation contact me, I'll send them everything they need. Missions, tracking, etc. I would just need to know day/time that contact is running at that store (this assumes that person already worked it out with the store for permission of course).

On that note, anyone who knows a contact at a store or group that would like to participate. Please send me a PM soon. Hopefully before Feb 25th so I can coordinate them into the league. We're getting close! 

Who's ready to let loose the dogs of war! 

Image result for necron dogs

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ltQMdeDqYRXOhvdYT3dtUSji3AISvZRM8gDlhOXDaF8/edit?fbclid=IwAR3qDE3mC5eeh29fvciucZaoDCWq0JT4EBA8M371KmCEbHCdhLuuSk5xq1U

New ITC (beta until Feb 28th) missions are up.  Looks exciting with a lot of changes to benefit armies that don't aim to table the opponent outright.  A lot of small but impactful changes such as measuring objective markers from the sides and NO SEIZE THE INITIATIVE.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:04 PM, Dark Trainer said:

It can be any night. As @ninefinger said. If someone wants to have a person willing to run a store's participation contact me, I'll send them everything they need. Missions, tracking, etc. I would just need to know day/time that contact is running at that store (this assumes that person already worked it out with the store for permission of course).

On that note, anyone who knows a contact at a store or group that would like to participate. Please send me a PM soon. Hopefully before Feb 25th so I can coordinate them into the league. We're getting close! 

Who's ready to let loose the dogs of war! 

Image result for necron dogs

https://gambitscardsandhobbies.com/contact-us-2/

The owner here is probably interested in joining as a host.  I haven't specifically asked him, but he is interested in growing his business and has been fun to speak with on 2 casual visits to lloyd center.  His stock is pretty abysmal (no offense if he is reading this), but I recommend it as another place to hang out and talk 40k.  He does 10% off special orders, so I think that means it is potentially a way to get a pre-order item 10% off and have it in hand on or before launch vs say miniature market/ebay and have it a few days later OR full price at other stores.