2020 Winter Warzone 40K Escalation League Rules (CANCELLED)

Dark Trainer

On 2/19/2020 at 11:22 AM, ZeroStride said:

@Dark Trainer Up for a learning game this Sunday? I've got my first 500 assembled and by Sunday at least these ladies should be complete:

image0.jpg

@Hodor has been able to do some teaching games lately, and I think had his finger on the pulse of which 40k players might make it out on Sundays.   Any suggestions H?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ninefinger said:

@Hodor has been able to do some teaching games lately, and I think had his finger on the pulse of which 40k players might make it out on Sundays.   Any suggestions H?

Well the newish people I know are @NewPlayer and @CountElmdor.  If either of them are up for it.

A bunch of people are doing sunday necromunda, but @ninefinger is going to know more about who would be open to switching.

Another option is that group of people with whom I have yet to speak, who mostly play 40k amongst themselves, with kids, on Sundays.  I don't mean that negatively only that I saw some posts and dont know much else.

The final answer I have is to offer up gambits cards and hobbies and rainy day games as two places that would have something going on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2020 at 12:26 PM, Dark Trainer said:

Great looking model. The main thing is avoiding 90% 3d printed models,  non-represented minis, etc. People want to play a game without cardboard cutouts. 😉

That's a very nice conversion and would totally be fine. As for WYSIWYG, that's your call. Definitely nice to be able to call something a CC weapon if she's armed with it (buzzsaw on the servo-skull?). However, WSYIWYG for this league is meant to be pretty lax (don't call a rhino a landraider, but you get the idea).

Really glad to hear this because the number of HQs and veteran units who all forgot to bring their helmets to a shooting war . . . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2020 at 11:22 AM, ZeroStride said:

@Dark Trainer Up for a learning game this Sunday? I've got my first 500 assembled and by Sunday at least these ladies should be complete:

image0.jpg

@ZeroStride, @Hodor generously left some Necrons at Ordo for me to learn with, I’ve only played two games so far but I’d be happy to butcher the rules with you Sunday.

• Like 1

I can really only make Tuesdays, but I'd be glad to play sometime. I think I've got a decent handle on the universal rules by now, but I've only been playing 40K for about a year, so my knowledge of factions other than my own Imperial Guard and White Scars is fairly minimal. I've been working with a little help from @Hodor on generally getting more proficient so as to not have to check the rules or unit and weapon profiles every 10 seconds, but there's a ton to keep track of with this game...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brother Glacius said:

Argh...Sunday's and Tuesdays are typically spoken for. Anyone local to Portland available for a basement game?

There are also stores hosting too on various days. But yes, home games can count just fine.

• Like 1

Hopefully week 1 at Ordo (Sun/Tues) was fun! Some stores still have yet to play if you want to get more games in!

Next week is 750 points, starting Saturday (since one store plays on Saturdays), should have started 2/29!

Also, YES, you can do make-up games even if people have already played. Meaning if you missed 500 point week, grab someone and get a game in (make sure to pass on the results).

That said, keep on escalating! Week 6, 7, 8 will be ITC missions preparing for the ITC tournament on April 25th! So looking forward to it! 

Image result for waaagh

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MexicanNinja said:

@Dark Trainer

What are the requirements for the 25th?  I will be out of my sling and ready for some 40k action.

I haven't solidified the full details. But it will be a 1750 point ITC tournament using their latest round of rules. 3 rounds, starting around 9am (maybe 10, not set yet) at the Ordo clubhouse. 

It'll probably be a $15 tournament fee, and $10 for Ordo champions that paid their 2020 dues (warlord, emperor, etc). If you play at least 5 missions in the league and renew your Ordo dues, the tournament is FREE and slots open to league members 'first'. We have 18-20 player slots we should be able to make due with. Maybe 22.

Yes, there will be prize support 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1