OFCC list submission dates

A common set of themes and threads have emerged here and they are 1. Illegal lists, lists not formatted correctly, and late. 2. A lot of work goes into list rating.

So my thought is that you hold the Captains accountable! Give them training on what there responsibilities are and then hold them to it. It is the job of the captains to ensure lists are legal, formatted properly and on time. If they cannot do their job then maybe that team gets excused this year. That might turn a few heads. But to push the due dates forward so that the Raters can clean up lists is absurd. That is NOT their job! If it is now, then get rid of the Captains.

On the second theme that a ton of work goes into list ratings I say this...get more raters. The more people looking the better the results and the better the average/true number of the lists power. How about using the Captains to submit an initial rating with each list or each team is required to provide a Rater along with the Captain. I truly understand all of the difficulties that go into these events and by no means am I down playing the vast amount of work involved. I have been personally running events since 1993 and know first hand what it's like hearding cats. In fact I have one player on my team who has been playing this game for years now and still cannot add properly or limit his magic items to the correct number. Math is hard after all! But every year I spent my time re-formatting his list, fixing his math and making the list legal. Why? Because that is my job as a Captain.

I still say that July 1st is too soon. August was the assumed deadline and I feel more than reasonable! I'm not even going to touch my thoughts on the comp system or limiting team races.

• Like 1