March to war list kitchen

Hey everyone,

Not much time to go for lists to be submitted for March to War (due before March 1st). My ambition to get the Kingdoms of Equalitytane prepped for M2W is not going to happen. I simply refuse to assemble models without painting them on sprue first, and I just dont have the time to get it done in the next 4 weeks.

THEREFORE!!!!!

I shall be bringing the good 'ol lizards once again!

Going for a less traditional approach. 4 blocks of face punch, an over priced Cuatl, and some support shooting stuff.

Da List!

Characters:

Cuatl Lord - General

- Grasp of the Immortal (gives me an additional +1 to cast and an additional channel)

- Protean Ponetate (I end up with #1 spell of: Alchemy, Pyromancy, Evocation, Divination, and Druidism)

- Scepter of Power (one use - Add a PD to one casting attempt after I roll da dice)

- Ancient Plaque (once per magic phase - Reroll 1 casting dice)

Core:

35 Saurus + Spear + Serpent (FIER + 1 Agil) + FC + Relentless Company

Special:

6x Camian - Halberds + Music

18x Temple Guard + FC + Relentless Company

Jungle G's:

10x Chamelion

8x Chamelion

2x Spearback

2x Spearback

ThundaLiz:

Stygiosaur + Mystic Traveller (Adept caster - pick from (Hereditary, Swarm of Insects, Savage Fury, Awaken the Beast) 

So we have 4 somewhat frightening blocks. Tons of movement (Camians are Adv 6!!). A bunch of buff spells (Druidism (fortitude saves), Evo (reroll to hit), Div (+2 OWS , +2 DWS, +2 Agil), Savage Fury (Battle focus), Awaken the Beast (+1S/Ap or R). As well as always 2 missiles (Quicksilver lash + fireball) and could switch the stygiosaur to half missile or all missile (has access to 2 buffs, 2 missile). 

I like this list because it gives me two spells to deal with SA's awful weapon skill (Evo and Div). It lacks a flaming banner to utilize flammable attribute from alchemy, but honestly its probably not that important as Camians and TG are S6 anyways. The Saurus could be buffed with +1S if needed, so id only be re-rolling a marginal number of failed to-wounds.

I also feel like the magic phase is really strong. always a +2 to cast, can reroll 1 die per phase, and can add 1 die for a really important spell (which is helpful for a buff-centric list).

I think if I was going to drop something, it'd be the Chamelions. The point is to get into combat FAST, so the chamelions might just be derping around. I am a bit more tempted to trade them in for Ramphadons, which seem to absorb a lot more enemy shooting (which is good for the camians). Pteradons might be the best choice since I have no chaff, they are just such darn expensive chaff!!!

I have absolutely no way to deal with ethereal stuff, apart from magic missiles. I also cant really fight a lord with anything.

Thoughts? Likes? Hates? Suggestions? Commentary? Jokes? 

So here is with a bunch of chaff + Scar Vet. The spearbacks are also M12 like the skinks, so that's really 4x chaff.

I sacrifice a lot of the shooting, but this is a pretty in your face list, so perhaps the shooting would be useless anyways.

Other places to cut points would be up to 3 TG, and the luxury items on the Cuatl.

Another idea is to make a cut or two and fit in an adept on Taurasaur to replace the Stygiosaur. Taurasaur is superior in almost every way. The shamanism buff really makes the taurasaur scary as I can start resisting cannonballs and what not assuming I get a shamanism spell off. That also would give me access to chilling howl, which I currently cant take with the styg.

Da List! v0.2

Characters:

Cuatl Lord - General

- Grasp of the Immortal (gives me an additional +1 to cast and an additional channel)

- Protean Ponetate (I end up with #1 spell of: Alchemy, Pyromancy, Evocation, Divination, and Druidism)

- Scepter of Power (one use - Add a PD to one casting attempt after I roll da dice)

- Ancient Plaque (once per magic phase - Reroll 1 casting dice)

Scar-Vet - Raptor - GW - BSB - Death Cheater

Core:

34 Saurus + Spear + Serpent (FIER + 1 Agil) + FC + Relentless Company

Special:

18x Temple Guard + FC + Relentless Company

Jungle G's:

5x Hunter

5x Hunter

1x Spearback

1x Spearback

ThundaLiz:

Stygiosaur + Mystic Traveller (Adept caster - pick from (Hereditary, Swarm of Insects, Savage Fury, Awaken the Beast) 

• Like 1