Psychic Awakening 6 has orks

dalmer

Orks.  What can you do?  There is no faction in 40K that I'd rather fight against.  They are just more fun than a lot of factions.  Not frustrating to kill, not annoyingly accurate for the most part, fantastic models and modelling opportunities, and they are as brutal o nthe attack as they are brutalized when attacked.  No other army screams "fair" like they do.  Everything you do to them works and everything they try to do (swinging and wounding and all that en masse) works.  

I for one welcome our new Green Overlords.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

That new Gaz model is crazy go nutz. By the way, are the Psychic Awakening books worth getting? I was tempted by the Greater Good one as I have both Tau and GSC. And now the latest has Orks and Space Wolves which I also have. At $40 a book, not exactly the cheapest thing to get. 

$40 a book? sheesh, that's a codex. What kind of rules is this, more than a chapter approved?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

That new Gaz model is crazy go nutz. By the way, are the Psychic Awakening books worth getting? I was tempted by the Greater Good one as I have both Tau and GSC. And now the latest has Orks and Space Wolves which I also have. At $40 a book, not exactly the cheapest thing to get. 

I would say the book is worth getting if you have an army tied to the book.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dark Trainer said:

$40 a book? sheesh, that's a codex. What kind of rules is this, more than a chapter approved?

20 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

I got the one for Chaos a couple months back and I literally use 5 pages out of the book, but its a really good content in those 5 pages.  if you have an army to run in the book it's kinda worth it.

There's a a bunch of story stuff too if you like that...otherwise around the release date leaks will abound. That damn interwebs will be full of it, so you can check the leaks to see if its worth the money for what you like to play 🙂

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

See, that's my problem. I have space wolves, orks, tau, GSC, eldar, necrons, chaos marines, slannesh deamons, ad mech, and imperial knights. I think so far the only book I could skip would be the blood angels and nids.

I bought the BA book because I play BA and that was my codex update.  I look at the rest like vigilance.  How much does it matter if i have it or not?  I don't have vigilance but know the rules for my Ork upgrade to Dread Waaaggh!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MexicanNinja said:

I bought the BA book because I play BA and that was my codex update.  I look at the rest like vigilance.  How much does it matter if i have it or not?  I don't have vigilance but know the rules for my Ork upgrade to Dread Waaaggh!!

That's pretty much how I feel about it. Like... I could buy the first one that lets me "level up" my characters, but... I know what it does, why do I need to buy the book? There's nothing else in there for my marines. And honestly, I don't use that option anyway. Like, ever. No sense in spending money I don't have on a book I won't use.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sgt. Rock said:

That's pretty much how I feel about it. Like... I could buy the first one that lets me "level up" my characters, but... I know what it does, why do I need to buy the book? There's nothing else in there for my marines. And honestly, I don't use that option anyway. Like, ever. No sense in spending money I don't have on a book I won't use.

There is always the option of waiting a couple days after release and just using Battlescribe. All of the rules you need are updated in there. Just scout around the internet for rumors and leaked images so you know what to look for, and then watch it get updated on a free app.

I used to feel the compulsion to buy everything just to feel I'm up to date, but I totally forgot that I never bought Chapter Approved 2019. The only thing I care about are points adjustments, and I don't think I'll ever have an opponent ask me to whip out CA 20xx and confirm a points adjustment because they could swear they remember fusion pistols being 10 points. If they do, I'll do everything in my power to will myself into a terminal brain occlusion.

I carry just the codices I'm souping, and with point costs written erased and re-written in pencil. I have Psychic Awakening on me too, but that's only because there aren't good reference sheets and I don't know it all well enough. It's not strictly necessary to compile and play an army.

The amount of sources you have to draw from is absolutely ridiculous for this edition and it could use an 8.1 to clean up FAQ and errata bloat. The actual cost impact of so many sources still largely comes down to the collector/pragmatist question.

• Like 2