Sign in to follow this  
barca

Solo Wargaming with Flames-of-War

I have already begun using a webcam to play D&D remotely since my group is spread all over Oregon.

Using google hangouts to connect has been working. I could see this used for FoW. Just position the camera such that it can see the table rather than you and the other participant can see your tabletop. The person hosting would have to have all the minis and terrain and the remote person indicates how they want them moved to the person hosting.

It does take alot of setup and it does have a cost associated but I could see myself hosting a game remotely. I'm still on my normal work schedule so my hobby time has not exploded.

22 hours ago, Souldier3 said:

I have already begun using a webcam to play D&D remotely since my group is spread all over Oregon.

Good idea. Keep us updated.

Won't work for me since my house is next to busy street.  Editing out the street noise would take a lot of time, if it could be done.

9 minutes ago, zcaust83 said:

just saw the new solo missions from battlefront this morning https://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=6935

really great stuff, I have already been running solo scenarios here at home but this is a great guide and there are charts for an artificial opponent as well.

Hey z,

Thx. I saw the same thing and was encouraged to try also.

18 hours ago, zcaust83 said:

I have the german scenario set up as we speak. I can't wait to get home and finish it. Not looking good for the paratroops currently but we shall see. Ill post pics here later

z.

I am lkg fwd to the AAR.

I set up my ping pong table with a full size battlefield. I am going to run Soviet BMP2 formation with T64s again a british Air mobile with 2 formations of scouts, with some armor support. About 120 points per side. Will be toms of air on both sides. I am hypothesizing that whichever gains control of the sky will dominate. I will roll for a mission on the chart. Both sides will be highly aggressive.

Nelson