Dim and Slimeridden Kingdoms: Return of the Greatest Power For Evil

Fat Dragon Games, the creators of your giant slug, have a 50% off sale on their whole inventory on RPGNow until the end of May... So the STL file for said slug is only a $1.00 right now.

I’m not sure if you have a 3D printer or not, but for a buck, you might as well grab the file. Then if you want to add more slugs to your army, you’ll just need to find a public library or a maker space with 3D printers (or bribe a friend who has one).

On 5/15/2020 at 1:48 PM, Ish said:

Fat Dragon Games, the creators of your giant slug, have a 50% off sale on their whole inventory on RPGNow until the end of May... So the STL file for said slug is only a $1.00 right now.

I’m not sure if you have a 3D printer or not, but for a buck, you might as well grab the file. Then if you want to add more slugs to your army, you’ll just need to find a public library or a maker space with 3D printers (or bribe a friend who has one).

Thanks, appreciate the heads up!

Answer the cry of thy servant who knoweth the words of power,
I make the sign, I speak the words that opened the door!
Come forth I say, I turn the Key!
Now, step upon the Earth once more!

tempsnip.png.5af4b2913c614d7d971550e50a61e4ca.png

SO, new Infernal Dwarves book is upon us, and I have not been idle! 

Let me just first say I love the new book! Great synergy, lot of cool, interesting options! My list more or less ports over, model wise: I lose the Hobgoblin Chieftain on Wolf (Spider), but everything else is usable. So between the points I save and downgrading my Subjugater to an Infernal Dwarf BSB + a 6th regular Anointed, I end up with enough points to add a whole WIZARD MASTER with some toys! Before I didn't really have a block to put a infantry BSB and Wizard, but now that Citadel Guard can be in blocks of 30, they finally have the bunker they need.

This meant that I needed a Prophet! After not being super happy with the various "dwarven wizards" I found online, and finding out that my OLD Infernal Dwarf Prophet was like a head shorter than these Scibor models, I ended up converting one out of a freebie that I received from my last Scibor order.  

iOZFllP.jpg?1

Horns were added from, appropriately enough, the helmet horns of my previous Prophet.  Book is from the Flaggelant kit, and he's standing on the stone from the plastic GW Dwarf hero who's name I can't remember.

I also present my first fully painted model:

uhtBnCe.jpg?1

Initially I had the blue a light brighter (see picture below); However after painting the shells on some more big snail dudes, I decided I liked a darker, more muted blue. I was worried I was going to have to completely repaint this guy's shell, but I was able to glaze over with some pure black paint and it seemed to work really well.

zPCAwSp.jpg

I working on the other snails as we speak, and hope to have them done before too long.

LafGq03.jpg?1

wKqDWZk.jpg?1

Until next time!

Lord Yeth’Shuul bless you, Children of Slish 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Slime,
In time you'll face your end line.
Judge me not before yourself.
Breed,
Take my pride - that's all you can.
Hatred surges burning me.
Feed,
For what atonement do you seek,
Your dying grasp of loyalty breaks like brittle bones

dPMzsCV0ZAlmma0N41PnkyFo0E6J5BKSeF4c4Qo8t0Zc9jgJfpExcoRMIUolV8pYvMOs5vIkswVlC7hpN1LdOzQLDZMQcPtl2E_qQ8xkP_ouYzqIFQOslf405KZh4UP971ukZHif

WELL, this is a post that is certainly long overdue. My dim, slimy army has been in hibernation for a while, due to the combination of the Infernal Dwarves army book going through a number of changes, as well as the world shutting down due to COVID. With the book now close to finished ("only minor changes" before it hits Gold status) and with me taking the army to it's first trial run, I thought it was time to start posting again.
About 2 weeks a month ago, we had the "Vaccination Vanguard," a 3 round tournament that 6  of us locals competed in to celebrate having gotten our Covid vaccines. Rather than bring my Ogre Kingdoms or Sylvan Elves, I decided to bring my Infernal Dwarves to see how they would play. After about 2 weeks of putting lists together, I settled for this one:

520 - Prophet, Prophet of Ashuruk, Wizard Master, Alchemy, Shield, Alchemist's Alloy, Binding Scroll
435 - Taurukh Commissioner, Battle Standard Bearer, Shield, Basalt Infusion, Infernal Weapon (Onyx Core)
195 - Vassal Conjurer, Wizard Adept, Pyromancy
605 - 30 Infernal Warriors, Shield, Ziggurat Regulars, Standard Bearer (Flaming Standard), Musician
325 - 30 Vassal Levies, Spear and Shield, Bow, Musician, Standard Bearer (Legion Standard)
195 - 20 Vassal Levies, Paired Weapons, Bow, Musician
620 - 5 Taurukh Anointed, Infernal Weapon, Shield, Standard Bearer (Flaming Standard), Musician, Champion
280 - Infernal Artillery, Rocket Battery
190 - 5 Vassal Cavalry
190 - 5 Vassal Cavalry
475 - Kadim Titan, Walking Earthquake
470 - Infernal Engine, Rock Crusher

I had most of this list ready to go, but there were a few things I needed to prep. First and simplest of these was the 20 Vassal Levies with bows. These were done again with the good ol' Oathmark Goblin Infantry set.

W6md2rxbHgl23GCogz4m2TUE2Yw9iVZqGK3c9gSFWcZQC5jmZW34A-we0QaL-09VL29x0xMdIN4YqWpVeQ_GR3JP7lPwtsYuhCuyLfLWopOwvPVNfFigP_BL68qphzdLJDiosJ4p

Unlike the spear Vassals that I put together, I opted to not remove these from their "bases" that were molded onto the models, mostly because I was feeling lazy, but I'm also hopeful that after these are based these won't be noticeable.

Next, I put together the Infernal Artillery Rocket Battery. This was a simple matter of using a "Snail Folk" mini from Rocket Pig Designs along with some 40K bits from the bits box. Simple, but effective (or so I think).

ZPkdcnE.jpg

d6GOjsu.jpg

The final and hardest thing that I needed to source was the Kadim Titan. I've searched the far corners of the internet trying to find something appropriately slimy in plastic or resin, and have had zero luck after about a year of searching. Until I stumbled across THIS beauty:

rwFyIrR.jpg?1

This model was everything I was looking for and more. I had a lot of reservations though, as I was not sure he would come out the right size (I do not own a 3D printer). But a buddy of mine was willing to print him up, and he came out PERFECT. And his mace has LITTLE SLUGS IN IT!!!

Lfcq25T.jpg

3bdOQ6E.jpg

So the list preformed very well at our tournament; I went 3-0, with scores of 20-0, 20-0, and 18-2! Time will tell how much of that was luck and how much of that was the army being strong vs me being a semi-competent gamer, but I'm looking forward to getting some paint on the damp and dim legions!

Lord Yeth’Shuul bless you, Children of Slish 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Wow, has it really been a year since I posted? I've been fortunate enough to play a bunch of games with the army since my last post, but I'll admit I haven't really done much hobby work on the army. However, I have Infernal Zoo coming up in CA in October, and I'm DETERMINED to bring something other than Ogres, and to have it painted. With that, I hope to post here more often as I progress through the army. I've decide to do away with the gastropod picture / song quote at the beginning of the posts, since, while fun, it makes posting that much harder, haha.

As I wait for new movement trays to arrive for the army (as well as for my Sylvan Elves), I have a few things to that need assembly for the army. I'm bringing a very much "non-optimized" list to Infernal Zoo, but it is a list that lets me field maximum number of large snails and cool models.

I put together my Prophet of Lugar on Kadim Chariot last night:
1sUzR_2mBbnMB55Hz9Gb2wHLfpNU12l-8dnSwCqJWdI09jIZObET4pnjKxCxf6klcNim4MNmYCIGtash7xF_KjOsdqDWEzVcJlQA1_pl32csaYjuKjsthj6C2auTGAreMSjfFjRxQv9cOtN4XTAjako-jv_Ok6pDac3xD4nmqJ3kxgvOLC0a7IMmL5w_NW3nHBCK2vlCH7cQF6nWEPoF0_phVjmuWuqZGjR9elsxLYNUzJNAWJdJLYB73KdYaUvYHpG182UhQQAPGLFin_nkocnSkxI15Qyu22Ds24AZ1vw3RZwKXixf_HgRPD35CSj_l722Y86I9dtm577VACk0k1-EX8rkHZBYYZgyTL3LLkfllSocSA2L_j_AcY_o2nu-MRNOAmgjowLrY6vIdgALJAvWeUVor-2QyZ21R9ryH8mpBIpj3uYFlIf_9npvPmOF2HjjfSbB9pUfrQO9dO1p4la5Q8IlUopY0_Tl_Q0NSPjp5RgutbD_W7U9w0SyYVxsgbu5dBDOSCX3kwtG_DLSRHl8gIQOD9XN68EjzMT1NOfBLSQ3nU6USE8CB4VthxIMelb8PPuPMRJhx-e8PIohwvMa4Zh0VWD7luHLYmY3KuIBF2GVPLNmbt3qkT06NvG3xNu9i5NpmdUHrGl8MP4uib1a7a5K5gv6OQHMdw4YEpaCs3GUAspJdNd2gu-Ps37yWdrg9ycKPEsfAT1aeF4eB_bxJU6zI0KTY9m0F-YOBHq-f_IBml7Go7anNY14DxgARd0pUjDD6KyXfVTc1AMhE1HG89VL5tL-z0zk=w1040-h767-no?authuser=0

I've had the conversion parts for forever, and the idea for the conversion even long. Was super happy with how it turned out.
B1o7EvwoGnfbD6DyHT_2apayc9os_5B3G7tzDWxnU8cb5irtqxGGdluK4R1MfpeTqsXhHxwkGYI-y0nLTaCw_N9s_l-Ca5QcKXaOW6_9hC_iyUhYu86xbAQTy5pn9vBox9ce2MSpQWl5uhK7fBkhOoiGTc4nBKuz1JA8-fREp7JWeP2uBKPGMNBC6Z_GG5fcJpOJC9VOsPOo85N4NKsxmHYV2vAEo-_T5GOr8r95ew4h-RyvfY9Ofmw1_5TRjoD5HSsly9WOHL24mAELyP74JOc44kFw0huQMCm6VsLtk_dgbXETS9XFltBcVK9bshnsbut9dZbml9PNguPVtbyA6UuzjOnQ4vCCil6RqZOqIyk56VvCkgtx1OImJTPuRvDz1RN3HfbTbDdTSBEMIVd8F-FedwcwyQ_kIO6pKDzG1H_uhPpRYKTc3gwaNFu9MMVY45upl8YPRlGX5QOAHWMsU01-XWBfZeQDCxigWIlKapW_D76jfW_eyiztYhqlkod2EHeQY6FlAdmyKHiE49oMJOQ_M0kvzvmiLFB11rUEpBFKVG2rlnMK3HuVLgkgvY2Vvi_UzkkodZflprbQGexGTPwYzHinp2NIyMX0-vahr-FxWcIId-fugk_RCEuWrEhHKeq1zrMRT7p6PeJvC355iAfWIXUWTEE714HKXJ3JFgS8U4fllk0bHF9I_ZDVKc1TSbMHYaX7cUIcJbjY-9qTkFbedmcs7RGTCBHJ6IgwL-3M03O12usCgRMOUrS9XtND_I5LReeJjGozYMB82SqdxQhgdpGb9vYLlqf9=w578-h767-no?authuser=0

rOmB0dorj1TVPiT0SfuxWppGjkmd76cZ_LB61oBipJZj_bjfu2aUAn8IJdbRIdN4GN6GWnVbW48RvmnjaTF2MYfQj6bu-NAo0WFLklalTUh2TUClmNpDMPk7eVRIhn0FMYyCsK-eiAr4iyZHNg7JSq0nj7vrZfkr34at7_SX7i8LiuMG0nnXn7axwhQtV1vXhEom7N0pgrOi-Vt53kNIPKCeJoNlKkCzMKQ1bQ7KMz6mfzuyGs_zPSkquSxE25a2P6UcA1CFwiS4rzWDxqSOCTMd86zWJiwJFQhlpahELyR8rdnUpX_wHwCLU6PF-wSUdFIjrqBe0f6I6b2--VClKI1m1RBqpsc-gym85n4nZ9ANWcGV32O6vodTbEcQSgHNhgDaS1v6IvPq_VGpTiUyFuNNJTLoYvOyGbxqdaPURM1iHX5-nflvEFD_lt_7HqhaWAWIAFlhQHVI-c49wI1UAsZChkaNfjZj4AxBVHxMaXNQTYr60lvqAUce8Hdkt4d5VGSTIGicQlzGrvV6ojbLBlN8Hbtp5hugpMrWwFW7FlNZEunxhjOcl8Duy371DeRv7jUZxDtpLLc3Zxejoes13dpC6eCE9CeVb_5BRdhA1dPmBSRjR53VLQKCMlJcVbNP-822lNabcbR0xqPOZSi-C7RqwTWIP8tkASVqpWez0G3nQqZhMbaMGmyYZZv0h4etbtN_MbURthi0Pb6rr55B8EhjhavXbmRYRPuUo6XJ7Mbwv2_C_1EYqV0XpU33u6_8H-FFZ-KAPTZyEejn8MFZc6hRV_Xotq5d6KI8=w639-h767-no?authuser=0

The conversion is pretty simple: The Gross Evil Dwarves are from Scibor Miniatures, the chariot the current GW Chaos Chariot. I used some jewelers' chain to connect the two, then stiffened the chain by brushing it with super glue.

I also assembled 5 extra Infernal Warriors for my list, but didn't snap pictures. If you've seen the other ones, you know what they look like, lol.

Hopeful I can do some priming tonight, and them get started on laying down some paint. Until then!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some more WIP pictures as I get things prepped for Infernal Zoo. Less than two weeks, it's crunch time! Looking forward to being able to post fully completed models, but I'm currently trying to get my models into a fully base-coated and cleaned up state, with their bases started. Currently my Kadim Titan, Infernal Bastion, and Great Bull (Snail) of Shamut are in the phase and my Infernal Warriors are all base coated, they just need to be cleaned up and have sand glued to their bases. That means once those are done I have to finish my Kadim Chariot, my Vassal Cavalry (pictured, getting there!), and my Vassal Levies before I can start adding shading and highlights.

20220919_224857.thumb.jpg.254d757f58cc4b6e60da67bcf8d3e3e2.jpg

20220921_214829.thumb.jpg.9f1d8448aef85880524685e94470f045.jpg20220927_130025.thumb.jpg.158f3debdfadb0011d18648ceb043853.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...