Cabin Fever Painting Frenzy Challenge week 3

Alright, its week 3 of the painting challenge.

To qualify, anything you didn't finish last week or that you started this week.

This weeks special challenge is to find the oldest unpainted or unfinished single model project you have. That model that has been languishing in the bottom of a bin, and get them table ready. Good enough so that you can claim they are done. 

Extra bonus points, show a picture of the before and after for this old model.

Post a picture of the finished old model next to the model you are proudest of from the painting frenzy so far.

Post a running tally of everything you have assembled or painted during the challenge so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Finished off today, but started last week: Ultron

Started today, hope to finish this week: Captain Marvel and Crossbones

Running Tally

Assembled: All 10 Marvel Crisis Protocol starter minis;

Started: Captain Marvel, Crossbones;

Completed: Black Widow, Iron Man, Red Skull, Spider-Man, and Ultron; Papercraft MCP Terrain

Planned: The Hulk, More MCP Terrain, Necromunda Enforcers 

CC47E657-C331-4062-9601-F6718ECF50AA.jpeg

411F78CE-D3E9-47BF-B4A6-0D9897DF4727.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Crossbones is done. It’s a remarkably simple pose, but it packs a lot of punch, very evocative of the best comic art in the way it’s a static pose but still shows dynamic movement... without being insanely over-the-top.

(Citadel should take notes. Less is more, Gee Dubs. Less is more.)

F8217E12-914C-4050-84FD-891892AF97E2.jpeg

77CA6FD7-8112-4626-B355-6F5740948E11.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's still great seeing everyone's hobbying progress!

I finished up 3 Chaos Ogryns for my Renegades and Heretics army, the Nostroman 9th Mercenary Company. I'll use them as Ogryn Brutes or as Beast Handlers.

April7of203ChaosOgryns.jpg

Here are WIP "before" photosJulyWIPOgrynwithbuzzsaw.jpgJulyWIPogryntroll.jpgJulyWIPOgrynwithWhip.jpg

So far I've completed the following for the Cabin Fever event: 1 CSM Sorceress, 1 R&H Renegade Commander, 3 R&H Ogryns

More photos of the squad, as well as photos from a game in which the Nostroman 9th battles the forces of the Imperial Fists, can be found in my Chaos blog here in the Artificier's Forge.

Keep up the good work everyone!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

“Hulk want hair! Why puny Ish not paint Hulk hair yet!?”

Still have to do some final touches, but the Hulk is mostly done. I’ve included a shot of him standing next to a Spess Mahreen for scale, the Hulk is basically a Dreadnaught.

3FE246D0-A19C-410C-9DAF-17E589BBF29A.jpeg

C7E1518D-58EB-4612-AD2B-E5392A4F5BCA.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good luck finishing the IFs! Hulk looks great! He definitely is dreadnought sized. Perhaps making Hulk into a Dreadnought is a conversion project for the future. My that Canoness is gorgeous, she exudes tons of character.

Tonight I finished up 5 models: Deffy the Defiler, 2 Chaos Furies, and 2 Renegades and Heretics heavy bolter troopers (the big white thing at the bottom left is a foot that belongs to my cat Spike)

AprilSaturdayPics11of20All5models.jpgAprilSaturdayPics6of20Deffyfrontalternateconfig.jpgAprilSaturdayPics12of20FuriesandHBs.jpg

The Cabin Fever completed tally is now up to 2 Chaos Sorceress, 1 R&H Renegade Commander, 3 R&H Ogryns, 1 Defiler, 2 Chaos Furies, 1 R&H Heavy Bolter team

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Okay - here you go... started in 2000 as part of my Armageddon Steel Legion from the original Codex Armageddon.  Airbrushed the camouflage base coats on several tanks, but never finished them as "life happened." For reference - the "before" picture was taken at 6:56 PM on March 30, 2020.

No photo description available.

Redone as a Leman Russ for my Genestealer Cult with a turret and main gun still in the primer. Yeah, I know the Primer bit is more German than my typical Soviet, but I think the overall effect is a happy marriage!

Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Finished the Hulk in the wee hours Saturday morning, so I just barely squeezed him in under the wire for Week 3.

A9B13ECA-8B45-4457-A310-77FBDAF07567.jpeg

Here’s a comparison shot with a standard Tactical Marine... How do you say “Absolute Unit” in High Gothic?

4977ECF8-D2FB-4011-BE6D-53A820F490FC.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2