Borderlands 3

Duckman

This was on sale a few weeks ago on Steam and I picked it up at essentially 50% off.  I've been playing it as an outlet when work is overwhelming (I work in healthcare).

I played BL2 but not the pre-sequel.  

This installment is a bit more linear than BL2 was (might have to do with not getting into BL2 until there were a number of expansions).  It is, perhaps, a bit *too* narrow but is otherwise very entertaining.  I have enjoyed the gameplay and the one character I am playing is nicely structured and can support a couple of different play-styles pretty readily.  The dialog is generally pretty entertaining and many of the quips are still every bit as amusing but the core storeline has some points that I don't like.

Better weapons are more readily available to the player but the storyline develops a bit more slowly and it takes longer to unlock extra weapons, artifacts and eridium transactions but they have also changed what you can buy with cash and eridium so while you expect it to be coming the delay does not severely hamper you.

Overall I am enjoying it and woud give it a pretty solid 8 of 10.

Yeah, I enjoyed Borderlands 3 a lot. BL2 Tiny Tina's DLC remains the best content EVER, but BL3 is solid. The DLC is good too. Working through the latest DLC now. 

That said, agree that it's more linear and accessible. However, I love the multiplayer aspect now where your level 50 buddy can still play with you (the level scaling). Cooperation mode is awesome, and coopetition allows power leveling. It's a win win.

• Like 1