Ordo BB2 Season 3 Signups

Burk

34 minutes ago, CountElmdor said:

ok fine, I’m in. I’ll edit this post later with game/team name etc. 

I’ve never played BB even once, so look out. 

Don't worry, there are players in here of all levels. This league was the first time I'd ever played against actual people, rather than the idiotic AI.

My BB2 Screen name is Daxer777

Russ

On 5/5/2020 at 8:49 PM, Burk said:

Season 3 is coming soon.  Please signup here if you want to play.  I will give it a few weeks before we start up the new league.

This season will be less games as we will split into divisions.  I want to avoid Wissen so need teams to be in multiples of 8.   I also want to avoid multiple teams per player.  This may mean we have a couple of AI's. 

Returning teams from previous Ordo BB leagues are allowed.  New teams will get a 3 game (auto resolved) bonus to be setup by admin.

Teams in: 

@Burk - BB2 team name: TBD - BB2 name: Burk

@Weav - BB2 team name: Tzeeentch'ezee Titans - BB2 name: Weav

@Spielmannsfluch -  BB2 team name:  Boring Dinos of Eastwood - BB2 name: Spielmannsfluch 

@WestRider - BB2 team name: Tlaxtlan Panthers - BB2 name: WestRider   

@SigurdBC  - BB2 team name: Hold My Beer - BB2 name: SigurdBC

@Maxwell Christian - BB2 team name: TBD - BB2 Name: Ironwolf3113

@Ish - BB2 team name: TBD- BB2 Name: Another Ish

@michaels - BB2 team name: No Dikks - BB2 name: Michaels

@scotthartman - BB2 team name: Smells Like Green Spit  - BB2 name: PajamaRed 

@Bosco - BB2 Team Name: TBD - BB2 Name PDXBosco

@Russell Castronovo - BB2 Team Name: Goretown Gutsquishers - BB2 Name xxxxx

@peter.cosgrove - BB2 Team Name: TBD - BB2 Name XXXX

@savion47 - BB2 Team Name: TBD - BB2 Name: Savion47

@CountElmdor - BB2 Team Name: TBD - BB2 name: TBD

Teams maybe:

@sbr

Would like to hear from: 

@Sgt. Rock

@kb10r

Burk, I got Dale to download BB today.  I gave him instructions on how to join the league.  If I had to guess, he's going to run with a high-floor team like Orcs, first time out. 

If possible, I humbly request that he be in my division, considering he's an eight-year friend and co-worker in the same department.

Edited by Spielmannsfluch
fixed grammer

48 minutes ago, Spielmannsfluch said:

Burk, I got Dale to download BB today.  I gave him instructions on how to join the league.  If I had to guess, he's going to run with a high-floor team like Orcs, first time out. 

If possible, I humbly request that he be in my division, considering he's an eight-year friend and co-worker in the same department.

have him join the forum and post up and I will see what I can do.  I plan to randomly determine divisions, but if he is on the other side, I will see if I can switch for a someone.

1 hour ago, Burk said:

have him join the forum and post up and I will see what I can do.  I plan to randomly determine divisions, but if he is on the other side, I will see if I can switch for a someone.

hey, that’s me. I’ll update with my team name etc once I get the game all installed and everything

4 hours ago, CountElmdor said:

hey, that’s me. I’ll update with my team name etc once I get the game all installed and everything

Ah got it.  I didnt associate the two earlier.  Welcome.  good luck.  Dont be discouraged.  lot of good players with very powerful teams in this league.  however, new teams will get a boost before the league starts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burk said:

Ah got it.  I didnt associate the two earlier.  Welcome.  good luck.  Dont be discouraged.  lot of good players with very powerful teams in this league.  however, new teams will get a boost before the league starts.

Thanks.

Coach name: Elmdor

Team name: Lucavi

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CountElmdor said:

Thanks.

Coach name: Elmdor

Team name: Lucavi

thanks.  I see you choose chaos.  Be aware for a new coach Chaos is a really tough team.  They can be frustrating for the first few seasons even for experienced coaches.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 4:21 PM, michaels said:

Doubly so if you pass on Block I heard. 😏

I've never played Chaos, but I will be helping him along.  We have to do something while working from home. 

We've spoken about the benefits of Block, but I am really curious about seeing a Minotaur and Chaos Warriors with Tentacles go up against the elf and human teams in this league.

If there are heavy hitters in his division, go with Block, Claw, Mighty Blow progression.  If he's against softer teams, Tentacles, Tackle, Prehensile Tail...  We've discussed the Two Heads and Multiple Arms in lieu of Dodge and Sure Hands, for some players.  He'll be fine.

But knowing he's playing Chaos, I no longer want him in my division.  Damn Hunter-Killer teams!

• Haha 1

Last day for signups.   tomorrow I will build divisions and then setup the catch "games" for the new teams.  For the new players, that catch up games are 3 admin'd games that give you a boost on SPP and cash.  You dont play them, I will just create a competition for your team and you join it. I will then complete the games and close the competitions and you will have new SPP that you use to level up players and cash to fill out your team.  

for those that have not created (or told me) their team on BB2, please do so and provide it to me so I can work on the competitions.  

@Maxwell Christian  (not sure if you are doing a new team or the same, let me know)

@Ish

@peter.cosgrove

@Burk

With this we will have 8 person divisions, and 1 AI in each included in that 8.  (So you have 6 games vs human opp and 1 vs AI for a total of 7 game season).  Im thinking one of two options for playoffs.

1. Top 4 in each division do a seeded playoff for division "winner's" to play for league championship.  So you would only play within your division in playoffs till championship

or 

2.  Top 4 in EACH division seeded to play against the opposite divisions.  (IE divsion A 1 seed plays divsions B's 4 seed)..  So it would look like this.   

Bracket 1: 

A1 vs B4

A3 vs B2

Bracket 2: 

B1 vs A4

B3 vs A2

This could lead to 2 teams from same division playing for championship.

Which do you prefer and why?  I appreciate your feedback and will take id under advisement as I make my draconian decision.

@Burk - BB2 team name: TBD - BB2 name: Burk

@Weav - BB2 team name: Tzeeentch'ezee Titans - BB2 name: Weav

@Spielmannsfluch -  BB2 team name:  Boring Dinos of Eastwood - BB2 name: Spielmannsfluch 

@WestRider - BB2 team name: Tlaxtlan Panthers - BB2 name: WestRider   

@SigurdBC  - BB2 team name: Hold My Beer - BB2 name: SigurdBC

@Maxwell Christian - BB2 team name: TBD - BB2 Name: Ironwolf3113

@Ish - BB2 team name: TBD- BB2 Name: Another Ish

@michaels - BB2 team name: No Dikks - BB2 name: Michaels

@scotthartman - BB2 team name: Smells Like Green Spit  - BB2 name: PajamaRed 

@Bosco - BB2 Team Name: TBD - BB2 Name PDXBosco

@Russell Castronovo - BB2 Team Name: Goretown Gutsquishers - BB2 Name Daxer777

@peter.cosgrove - BB2 Team Name: TBD - BB2 Name: XXXX

@savion47 - BB2 Team Name: TBD - BB2 Name: Savion47

@CountElmdor - BB2 Team Name: Lucavi - BB2 name: Elmdor

• Like 1

The top four in each division seems generous.  I was assuming that each division champ would get in and then the next two with the best record, regardless of division.  But the top four can work, as well.  There is enough chaos in BB that I can see the case for more playoff teams.  But the more playoff teams we have, the more I see the case for an entire Swiss Draw season and make the entire season the playoffs, instead.

I don't know.  I'm not sure.  But I think I like the Bracket 2 option because it fosters more cross division play.  The Bracket 1 option can be interesting if the divisions are not random.  If, for example, you put all the new teams in one division and the returning teams in another.  Or if you put the bashy teams together and the agile teams in their own division for the finalists to face each other out of their element.  But I guess that same principle can work for the Bracket 2 option, as well, just to more effect.

After consideration, I think I like the idea of deciding divisions rather than randomizing them.  I mean that's what the NFL does - they target regions and traditional rivalries and encourage those rivalry matches to drum up fan support.  It's artificial, but it seems a better narrative than random.  And if you're going down the narrative path, have it make some kind of sense where the "good" teams play each other and then compete in the playoffs against the "bad" teams.  Or bashy and agile stay separate until the playoffs.  Or new versus returning.  In that scenario, I think your Bracket 2 idea makes the most sense as you prepare for the regular season much differently that you would prepare for the playoffs.  It has more of an NHL feel to it, where you can be the best, undefeated, passing team out there only to get matched up against the lowest seed Nurgle team in the other division and have your ass handed to you because you were not building a team during the regular season to confront Foul Appearance and Disturbing Presence.  I kind of like the idea of having one path to winning the division and another entirely different path to winning the playoffs.

Anyway, just my two drachma.