Ordo BB2 Season 3 Signups

Burk

1 more vote for Bracket 2 playoffs!

Also, I'd prefer a straight 2-1 admin win for the AI games. If you want me to rack up 6+td's in a game vs AI I guess that's fine but a bit boring.

New teams should be grouped with new teams, if possible, with the lowest div 1 teams moving to div 2 & the best div 2 teams moving to div 1. I'm guessing you're already doing that though.

8 hours ago, michaels said:

Also, I'd prefer a straight 2-1 admin win for the AI games. If you want me to rack up 6+td's in a game vs AI I guess that's fine but a bit boring.

New teams should be grouped with new teams, if possible, with the lowest div 1 teams moving to div 2 & the best div 2 teams moving to div 1. I'm guessing you're already doing that though.

Oooh, I like this idea.  Relegation and promotion.

3 hours ago, michaels said:

I like this idea, but want to be clear that we dont have 7 new teams (or 6 if I put 8 in the upper).  If I do this, do you have a suggestion for how to determine which of the returning teams goes in the lower?  I can do it, but TV isnt the best determiner (considering coach level) and it might be more arbitrary......IE BURK decides.

Also, it may not work very well after first year.....as a good coach may drop (with a bad season) to lower division.

Another thoughts on playoffs.  Instead of top 8 I could do top 6.  3 from each, and give the division leader a bye....thoughts?  If I did that, I would do it as follows:

Bracket 1:

A1 - Bye

A3 vs B2

Bracket 2:

B1 - Bye

B3 vs A2

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Burk said:

I like this idea, but want to be clear that we dont have 7 new teams (or 6 if I put 8 in the upper).  If I do this, do you have a suggestion for how to determine which of the returning teams goes in the lower?  I can do it, but TV isnt the best determiner (considering coach level) and it might be more arbitrary......IE BURK decides.

Also, it may not work very well after first year.....as a good coach may drop (with a bad season) to lower division.

Another thoughts on playoffs.  Instead of top 8 I could do top 6.  3 from each, and give the division leader a bye....thoughts?  If I did that, I would do it as follows:

Bracket 1:

A1 - Bye

A3 vs B2

Bracket 2:

B1 - Bye

B3 vs A2

Thoughts?

I think the top 4 from each bracket is cool. For relegation/delegation maybe move 2 from each div based on performance, not TV. So the top 2 from Div B would move to Div A. Bottom 2 from Div A move to Div B. If there's a team reroll they automatically move to Div B.

This season (& probably every season) you don't have 7 brand new teams in which case you could pull the bottom performing teams from Div A to fill out the bracket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaels said:

I think the top 4 from each bracket is cool. For relegation/delegation maybe move 2 from each div based on performance, not TV. So the top 2 from Div B would move to Div A. Bottom 2 from Div A move to Div B. If there's a team reroll they automatically move to Div B.

This season (& probably every season) you don't have 7 brand new teams in which case you could pull the bottom performing teams from Div A to fill out the bracket.

Im leaning towards top 3 so that the winner gets a bye and hence is rewarded with no new injuries.  Toying if there is a way I can remove their MNG's without having an admin'd game....  

Im wondering if I make the top division be 8 human teams and put any AI's in div 2...... interesting thoughts.  Relegation will happen (only issue is if we have to many rerolls, that may cause relegation to always be 2.)

A bye is a pretty strong reward.  Not a bad thing.  But in BB, that also means one less MVP and fewer SPP's for them, along with fewer injuries.  I have no issues with a bye.  It's a strong incentive to finish first in the division.

TV is not ideal due to coaching levels.  I am totally fine with "Burk Decides" being the decisive factor.  We have a comish and we vote by choosing to come back or not,  and I think Mr. Burk has done an exceptional job.  That said...

I was tossing around the idea of promotion and relegation.  Because I really think the NCAA should do this, but it will never happen.  Anyway... I like the idea of the Swiss Draw, from back in my Magic The Gathering Pro Tour Days, where you always play someone your own skill level.  It's just so straightforward.  But it's almost not random enough to befit Blood Bowl.  And I love promotin and relegation.  So how about we get weird, just because we can.

Two divisions.  Scrubs and Pros, Burk decides with input from whom he wants.  TV is not a factor.  This way, the best get to beat up on each and the newbies and bad coaches get to beat up on each other.  Six playoff teams.  The two Division champs get a bye.  Then the scrub team #2 and #3 match with the Pro team #3 and #2.  It's an interesting dichotomy.   It had the potential of the young upstarts trying to push into the "big time" while the "Pro" teams have to defend their status or lose to the obvious underdog.  The narrative writes itself.  You can then promote the scrub division winner and relegate the Pro team with the worst record.  Or relegate two.  But I think one would be enough, each season.

The actual team or the Team Value is not a consideration.  Simply record and/or Burk's opinion is enough for me.

Regarding AI teams....scoring 6 TDs against them...I had an elf team beat me 6-0 and I was actually trying to win last season.  I would love the opportunity to pad the stats against one team a season.  Heck, one team last season conceded after the same Skink scored his fourth TD in turn 10 or 11.  [big bad swear word] happens.  The TV will balance itself, in the long run, so I have no issues with piling up SPPs against AI teams or against lesser coaches.  Eventually, your TV will get so high that you are cutting players and your Stars become foul bait.  If we're giving new teams three free games to get some SPPs - a decidedly good idea, I believe - then what's wrong with giving everyone a gimee gave against an AI opponent once a season?

I really like the idea of lesser coaches playing in their own division and the division winner getting a bye on par with "better" coaches.  It's a leg up.  It's not necessarily "fair" but life is not supposed to be fair.  If you're a coach who is not elite, it keeps you interested if you have a punchers chance in the playoffs.  It's Blood Bowl.  You never really know how the dice are going to fall.

Hmm.  Thought...  Maybe the "scrub" division has two AI teams to bolster their SPPs and the "Pro" division has all human teams.

Thoughts and ideas.  So many ways we can make this happen.  I love the possibilities.  I don't want to get too confusing.  It's easy to make things confusing and very difficult to make them simple.  But I like the inclusion of one or two AI teams as SPP mines.  I love promotion and relegation.  I love the idea of a Pro and a Scrub league, define the titles as you wish.  And I love the idea that those two divisions face each other in the playoffs.  It's an "Us versus them" competition, but then of course the scrub division winner becomes a "them" next season.

Of course, being a native Western New Yorker, I tend to love competition and don't abide to west coast levels of fairness or justice.  Let's just have fun.  Let's Play Some BloodBowl!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burk said:

Im leaning towards top 3 so that the winner gets a bye and hence is rewarded with no new injuries.  Toying if there is a way I can remove their MNG's without having an admin'd game....  

Im wondering if I make the top division be 8 human teams and put any AI's in div 2...... interesting thoughts.  Relegation will happen (only issue is if we have to many rerolls, that may cause relegation to always be 2.)

You'd have to give an admin concession in which case the team getting the bye doesn't get mvp's or gold. It just clears any MNG's.

As it stands, it looks like more new teams than returning. If my numbers are right you've got 6 returning & 7 new.

11 hours ago, Spielmannsfluch said:

A bye is a pretty strong reward.  Not a bad thing.  But in BB, that also means one less MVP and fewer SPP's for them, along with fewer injuries.  I have no issues with a bye.  It's a strong incentive to finish first in the division.

TV is not ideal due to coaching levels.  I am totally fine with "Burk Decides" being the decisive factor.  We have a comish and we vote by choosing to come back or not,  and I think Mr. Burk has done an exceptional job.  That said...

I was tossing around the idea of promotion and relegation.  Because I really think the NCAA should do this, but it will never happen.  Anyway... I like the idea of the Swiss Draw, from back in my Magic The Gathering Pro Tour Days, where you always play someone your own skill level.  It's just so straightforward.  But it's almost not random enough to befit Blood Bowl.  And I love promotin and relegation.  So how about we get weird, just because we can.

Two divisions.  Scrubs and Pros, Burk decides with input from whom he wants.  TV is not a factor.  This way, the best get to beat up on each and the newbies and bad coaches get to beat up on each other.  Six playoff teams.  The two Division champs get a bye.  Then the scrub team #2 and #3 match with the Pro team #3 and #2.  It's an interesting dichotomy.   It had the potential of the young upstarts trying to push into the "big time" while the "Pro" teams have to defend their status or lose to the obvious underdog.  The narrative writes itself.  You can then promote the scrub division winner and relegate the Pro team with the worst record.  Or relegate two.  But I think one would be enough, each season.

The actual team or the Team Value is not a consideration.  Simply record and/or Burk's opinion is enough for me.

Regarding AI teams....scoring 6 TDs against them...I had an elf team beat me 6-0 and I was actually trying to win last season.  I would love the opportunity to pad the stats against one team a season.  Heck, one team last season conceded after the same Skink scored his fourth TD in turn 10 or 11.  [big bad swear word] happens.  The TV will balance itself, in the long run, so I have no issues with piling up SPPs against AI teams or against lesser coaches.  Eventually, your TV will get so high that you are cutting players and your Stars become foul bait.  If we're giving new teams three free games to get some SPPs - a decidedly good idea, I believe - then what's wrong with giving everyone a gimee gave against an AI opponent once a season?

I really like the idea of lesser coaches playing in their own division and the division winner getting a bye on par with "better" coaches.  It's a leg up.  It's not necessarily "fair" but life is not supposed to be fair.  If you're a coach who is not elite, it keeps you interested if you have a punchers chance in the playoffs.  It's Blood Bowl.  You never really know how the dice are going to fall.

Hmm.  Thought...  Maybe the "scrub" division has two AI teams to bolster their SPPs and the "Pro" division has all human teams.

Thoughts and ideas.  So many ways we can make this happen.  I love the possibilities.  I don't want to get too confusing.  It's easy to make things confusing and very difficult to make them simple.  But I like the inclusion of one or two AI teams as SPP mines.  I love promotion and relegation.  I love the idea of a Pro and a Scrub league, define the titles as you wish.  And I love the idea that those two divisions face each other in the playoffs.  It's an "Us versus them" competition, but then of course the scrub division winner becomes a "them" next season.

Of course, being a native Western New Yorker, I tend to love competition and don't abide to west coast levels of fairness or justice.  Let's just have fun.  Let's Play Some BloodBowl!

@Spielmannsfluch  I am leaning towards starting with all new teams in div 2 and existing teams in div 1.  Right now we are split 7 new, 7 returning.  This is important as you will not be in the same division as CountElmdor.  Does this change your mind?

1 hour ago, savion47 said:

same team as last season.

Thanks Shane.

All that means we have 8 returning teams and 6 new teams.  I can either do an even split of 7-7 per division, or 8 in the main div (all human) and 6 (plus 2 AI) in lower.  If I do the 7-7, that means I will be making an executive decision which team to put in lower division.    If I do 8-6, then lower div will have 2 AI opponents.

Speak up if you have strong feelings either way.  

Im building the new team's catch competitions. the teams below need to create their teams and advise me the team name.  I will then send you a ticket to join your competition. Once you join, let me know and I will admin you 3 games for catchup.

@Burk - BB2 team name: Ho Ho Ho's- BB2 name: Burk

@Ish - BB2 team name: TBD- BB2 Name: Another Ish

@Bosco - BB2 Team Name: Balloon-knot Bonanza - BB2 Name PDXBosco

@peter.cosgrove - BB2 Team Name: TBD - BB2 Name: XXXX

Teams below.  Please look in BB2 for your teams ticket.  join the competition I send to you and let me know when complete, so i can admin your games.

@CountElmdor - BB2 Team Name: Lucavi - BB2 name: Elmdor

@Russell Castronovo - BB2 Team Name: Goretown Gutsquishers - BB2 Name Daxer777

9 minutes ago, Ish said:

My team name will be the “Silly English Khanigits,” although I’ll need to double check the spelling of that.

Please let me know as I dont see that team when I search. maybe you just need to create it still.

2 hours ago, Burk said:

Thanks Shane.

All that means we have 8 returning teams and 6 new teams.  I can either do an even split of 7-7 per division, or 8 in the main div (all human) and 6 (plus 2 AI) in lower.  If I do the 7-7, that means I will be making an executive decision which team to put in lower division.    If I do 8-6, then lower div will have 2 AI opponents.

Speak up if you have strong feelings either way.  

Two AI teams seems excessive.  The AI is really, really bad...

Which two?  Halflings and Goblins?  Ogres and Vampires?