Raindog's Route to the OFCC

I have played in every OFCC. Most of the time, I have taken Dwarfs. I have brought Chaos 3 times, and Wood Elves once. 

This year,  I am going to back Wood Elves. With the book being substantial different, I have a lot of new models to construct and paint.

Core -

10 GG w/ No Penalty Arrows and M

10 GG w/ No Penalty Arrows and M

10 GG w/ Poison Arrows and M

5 Glade Riders w/ Poison Arrows and M

That is 700 points on the dot. The Math shows the poison and no penalty arrows to be the best to use in most cases, so I am going to rely on cover to help me preserve points and use poison to hit the bigs. 

• Like 1

Ya, I'm a fan of the poison option for most units, and no penalty arrows for harassing units that will be moving around. I could see a case made for the -3 armor save arrows, but I think its too situational to be a big benefit.

Although a combo of Shadow magic and the multishot arrows could be devastating.

• Like 1

Raindog, I have done some reading of the WE book....in a non friendly environmnet I wouldn't even waste points on GG.  For 1 more point you get skirmishers in the special section and can fill all your core up with ambushers and a nice unit of dryads for holding the watch tower.

What would you take instead for the core selection?

What would you take instead for the core selection?

Glade riders and dryads.  Although, I wouldn't use all the points on just glade riders; however, you can pretty much garuantee that the glade riders get to shoot before they get shot at, due to ambushers.  I think a unit of GG for you mage bunker who has the item which lets you re-position in another forest is great but as all core not so much.

You have sooo many great options to set up some deadly combo's with that book.

The scouts are just great, they are 1 point more, because they still get the benefits of being able to move freely around the battlefield while shooting.

I also don't think the no penalty arrows are worth taking over the poison arrows.  You're still only S3 with the shooting.  I'd go all poison on your gg, or scouts, and then take a flaming banner on a unit of gg.

The OFCC is a competitive environment... They just dont want to see internet cookie cutter lists lining their tournament with WAAC ass players that enjoy winning more than they enjoy the hobby, the world, and the friendships that come with playing the game. Some people on this forum just dont get it and never will. 

Im sure the entire time you are losing at the OFCC you will be making excuses as to why, and it will be this "friendly" term, which is bull[big bad swear word]. Maybe the only way you CAN win is to bring the most broken list a book can give you and everything else is an excuse. Talk about the people I dont want to spend a weekend playing Warhammer with. This is not only directed at you MN, but everyone who cant seem to understand the philosophy.

Sportsmanship is the most important aspect of gaming to the OFCC community and much of that comes with the army you CHOOSE to bring to the table. A good sport doesnt go on the internet and ask everyone else to write a list for them. They spend time and discover what they truly like about an army and make it work even if it includes sub optimal choices. It makes for a more unique and individual army that can be effective in your hands but take time to learn in the hands of anyone else. Cookie cutter/ internet lists trim down on the variability of the game and streamline tactics and play styles which IMO diminishes the game massively. 

• Like 2

The OFCC is a competitive environment... They just dont want to see internet cookie cutter lists lining their tournament with WAAC ass players that enjoy winning more than they enjoy the hobby, the world, and the friendships that come with playing the game. Some people on this forum just dont get it and never will. 

Im sure the entire time you are losing at the OFCC you will be making excuses as to why, and it will be this "friendly" term, which is bull[big bad swear word]. Maybe the only way you CAN win is to bring the most broken list a book can give you and everything else is an excuse. Talk about the people I dont want to spend a weekend playing Warhammer with. This is not only directed at you MN, but everyone who cant seem to understand the philosophy.

Sportsmanship is the most important aspect of gaming to the OFCC community and much of that comes with the army you CHOOSE to bring to the table. A good sport doesnt go on the internet and ask everyone else to write a list for them. They spend time and discover what they truly like about an army and make it work even if it includes sub optimal choices. It makes for a more unique and individual army that can be effective in your hands but take time to learn in the hands of anyone else. Cookie cutter/ internet lists trim down on the variability of the game and streamline tactics and play styles which IMO diminishes the game massively.

I agree with fixxer on this. I find the OFCC to be very strategically challenging. I think that is because the variety of lists you see and the scenarios vary widely. If you go to an uncomped event people know they will need to bring a very strong list to stand a chance. This eliminates a good amount of units as options. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of lists I will see at uncomped events but at OFCC I am surprised by a couple that I play every year. I guess if your definition of competitive is strong lists then OFCC is not competitive but if your idea of competitive is tight games that challenge you mentally then OFCC is competitive. Just my .02

• Like 1

Code of Conduct:

Rule 2: Be Friendly and Courteous
Everyone wants to have a positive experience while on the Forums - please make sure
that you contribute to it. Please do not post anything harassing, threatening, abusive,
lewd, or inflammatory. Flaming people, products, or organizations is never acceptable.
Neither is trolling. Instead, be friendly, helpful, and supportive. Ordo Fanaticus tries to
keep a casual environment and appreciates any help with this.

• Like 2

Code of Conduct:

Rule 2: Be Friendly and Courteous

Everyone wants to have a positive experience while on the Forums - please make sure

that you contribute to it. Please do not post anything harassing, threatening, abusive,

lewd, or inflammatory. Flaming people, products, or organizations is never acceptable.

Neither is trolling. Instead, be friendly, helpful, and supportive. Ordo Fanaticus tries to

keep a casual environment and appreciates any help with this.

Ditto John.

Also, by looking at the arrow choices, I am assuming OFCC has ruled to allow multiples of the same enchanted item in the case of the woo elf special arrows?