Craftworlds Wraith Army Project by David/Blackvigil

For Rangers you could do DoK Wych blank mask, delaque body and kabalite dark lance, its what I considered doing before I wrote the ranger out of my kill team.

Also happy to see painted Artel Shadow Hunters, I nearly got them myself but opted to make my own Scorpions and will do so if/when I get the Kabalite bits I need

• Like 2

I have been busy. I primed everything, but didn't really take pictures, because it's not overly interesting. I've modeled, converted, primed, etc... every model I own for this project. The only thing I need to finish my initial 2k list is a box of Dire Avengers and a Falcon. 

I got the Wraithknight all modeled up, and magnetized. I need to base it, but that's about it.

MyVSA6k.jpg

1z1pAXJ.jpg

Ij90mSj.jpg

I started base coating today! Thinned Naggaroth Night is my base coat, over Chaos Black Primer. I primed the heads, weapons, and cloth bits Corax White. I'll glue those on after I get done with the base coats of purple. 1. Prime 2. Thinned Nag Night. 3. Another coat of Nag Night. 4. This is where I'm at. I plan to do Xereus purple over most of the models. The nag night will remain in the recesses, corners, etc. 

2lUSj6v.jpg

47ATop5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blackvigil said:

Thanks for checking it out. I am new to Eldar. Let me know if you have any input on my conversions, paint, etc. 

I've been Eldar since 5th Edition
I have TOO many points to my name and more models being painted as we speak.

I'm a true believer in models being painted true to their CraftWorld.

Sounds like you're going a set color scheme, own it, and rock the house!

• Like 1

I really considered one of the standard craftworlds, but ultimately decided I wanted to do a custom scheme. I landed on purple and white, because I haven't done it before I hope it turns out alright. So far, I'm liking this dark purple. (I just added the Xereus coat to a bunch.) My hope is that I can do the faceless helmets and wraiths across the army. 

Normally I end up getting more and more stuff, and never paint anything to a high level of polish. I'm going to stop getting new models for this, until everything is fully painted and looking good. I know, that's crazy talk. Lol... We'll see if I can hold myself to it. Meanwhile, my mind plotting expansions of my other forces to keep my mind busy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm about halfway through the 20 wraithguard/blades, and I've been doing some blending, and trying to mute the harsh lines of light/dark. Adding in a mid tone on the glaring spots has really made them look betting. I think the pic above looks a little Tron; dark then bright, with nothing in between. Now, it looks a little more "glowing" or something like that. I'm going to try to finish the squad today, then take a pictures. Then I have to glue to heads and weapons on, and do the white parts. That shouldn't be too tough though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, blackvigil said:

I'm about halfway through the 20 wraithguard/blades, and I've been doing some blending, and trying to mute the harsh lines of light/dark. Adding in a mid tone on the glaring spots has really made them look betting. I think the pic above looks a little Tron; dark then bright, with nothing in between. Now, it looks a little more "glowing" or something like that. I'm going to try to finish the squad today, then take a pictures. Then I have to glue to heads and weapons on, and do the white parts. That shouldn't be too tough though.

Ya my army is looking a bit too muted and i want to create more separate- grass is always greener i guess.

• Like 1

Well, this took me longer than I thought. I spent about 30 minutes per model on highlights, and then clean up with the base coat color. I did Xerues over Naggaroth Night, then I mixed Xereus and Kakophoni 50/50 for the next layer, then all Kakophoni for the last layer. I'm going to glue the white heads/weapons/etc on and do the white. When I do the final highlights on that with titanium white from windsor & newton, I'll hit the extreme highs on the purple highlights as well. 

It's not perfect, but I'm fairly happy with it. This is why I do units before characters and show-piece models. It only gets better from here.

XIHQFta.jpg 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I got the white bits glued on, and I'm mid way through painting them. I used Corax White primer, then Apothecary Contrast paint. I will be doing a little clean up with some corax white from a pot, and then highlights with titanium white from windsor newton. I wanted super bright white, so I hope this works out. The back up is some white scar white. I hope to have something to show later today. 

• Like 2

Ranger experiment time... 
In shadowrun, the stealth cloaks are actually chrome, light refractors. So i decided to try that on my rangers. I got some chrome paint off amazon. it's used on car models, for chrome pieces. It's supposed to be for an air brush, but I used it with a brush. 

It kind of looks white, because I am holding it up to reflect light. It's chrome paint with black wash over top of them. 

I need to do a little more work on the shadowing, and on the highlights. The cloak is dark green. I need to highlight it. This is very proto... 

RqcQMlT.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1