I can't believe I dare beat this drum again, but the LoTR battle strategy did both of these well.

On item one, the might mechanic implements a nice "economy of actions" for your heroes, do you declare a heroic move, to allow your hero and men around him to move first? Or do you save the might for that combat to kill that key goblin, blocking your war bands escape. Not super combos, but enough that makes list building, deployment and play very tactical.

On item two LoTR knocks it out of the park. Often when we were playing back in the heyday, Tony and I could get a game in, then either switch deployment, armies, or objectives in the same game.

Anyway Godslayer models look pretty dang cool!

Wait..do you still have an army? Id love to play you sometime.

Ive had LOTR strategy battle game for longer than 40k and i have to say I have never been disapointed. There are so many epic things that unnamed captains or heroic soldiers can do.

I have multiple armies, though getting a game is tough, as the soonest I could be back living in the BLI will be late nov.

You should do some teaching games, really that is going to be the way to expose people. One thing about warhamsters is they are always up for a new game. And some time the old can be new!

The age of the system (use the old rulebooks and models) makes it a real low barrier to eBay for anyone on barter town or eBay.

I can't believe I dare beat this drum again, but the LoTR battle strategy did both of these well.

On item one, the might mechanic implements a nice "economy of actions" for your heroes, do you declare a heroic move, to allow your hero and men around him to move first? Or do you save the might for that combat to kill that key goblin, blocking your war bands escape. Not super combos, but enough that makes list building, deployment and play very tactical.

On item two LoTR knocks it out of the park. Often when we were playing back in the heyday, Tony and I could get a game in, then either switch deployment, armies, or objectives in the same game.

Anyway Godslayer models look pretty dang cool!

I agree with this. Lotr Strategy Battle Game is still one of my favorite systems out there.

I also like Saga tho and would be down for that too

So I ordered the main rule book yesterday. Hopefully it will get here soon so that Joey and I can start play testing it and find out if its a good game or not. 

Let me know when ya'll play test. I'm always down for Dark Ages anything. We are talking SAGA, right?

• 3 weeks later...

I still haven't gotten my book because the warstore is sold out. :sad:  I have however, been building up my forces. Hopefully by the end of the week all of my elite troops will be done and some of my warriors as well. I probably wont start painting until my entire 4pt force is built. 

I still haven't gotten my book because the warstore is sold out. :sad:  I have however, been building up my forces. Hopefully by the end of the week all of my elite troops will be done and some of my warriors as well. I probably wont start painting until my entire 4pt force is built. 

Just order it direct from Gripping Beast.  The international shipping is like $3 more, tops.

• 2 weeks later...

whelp I broke down and just ordered the rulebook and bases from Gripping Beast. Hopefully it will be here by next week. I should also be finishing my 4pt warband this week so is anyone interested in getting a game in next week. I will have Tuesday and Wednesday off. Tuesday i should use to get another practice game of fantasy in for OFCC but im free Wednesday.

I would really like to start sticking axes into your guys faces.

whelp I broke down and just ordered the rulebook and bases from Gripping Beast. Hopefully it will be here by next week. I should also be finishing my 4pt warband this week so is anyone interested in getting a game in next week. I will have Tuesday and Wednesday off. Tuesday i should use to get another practice game of fantasy in for OFCC but im free Wednesday.

I would really like to start sticking axes into your guys faces.

So far I've finished exactly one unit of archers:

4lNjWxA.jpg

It'll be another two weeks, maybe three, before I finish 4 pts worth. 

• Like 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.