• 2 weeks later...

I friend of mine has been searching around for historical models that fit into Saga. Turns out early middle ages has been largely ignored by a lot of companies and most of the models are not super high quality. He did however find this company. http://www.musketeer-miniatures.com/index.php I have been considering doing Anglo-Saxons as my second warband and these models have sealed the deal. Look through the early Saxon and Goths stuff.

Thanks, everyone.  Though the way the crossbowmen are coming, I feel these guys were a fluke.

I did pick up the SAGA Paint Set from Army Painter though, and it has some great colors in it.  Wool!  Bleached wool!  Nice dull greens and blues, and tanned leather!  Its the first time I've ever seen a "leather brown" that was actually the color of 99% of the leather I've ever seen (i.e. saddle brown).  Instead of that weird rawhidish color that every other leather brown is.

Its the first time I've ever seen a "leather brown" that was actually the color of 99% of the leather I've ever seen (i.e. saddle brown). Instead of that weird rawhidish color that every other leather brown is.

I'm going to do you a solid and pretend that you did NOT just dis Snakebite Leather, the greatest paint ever made. I still wake up in a cold sweat imagining the day where my supply runs out.

not that I know of.  :sad:

So I found out the answer to our rules question Friendlycommissar. Enemy models do not get to move once engaged. There is a diagram on page 33-34 that shows a charged unit fighting in place. This mean that how you move units is very important for receiving charges. i think what that paragraph was talking about that confused us so much is that models may move within VS of enemy models once the two units have been engaged in combat.  

• 2 weeks later...

I sent Joey a txt but ill post it here as well for others to see. I played the Anglo-Dane ability 'Noble Lineage' wrong last night. When changing a die to a different face you must discard a dice instead of changing the face of the die used for the ability. The Saga board is a little vague but the explanation in the book is a lot more clear. I might suggest to others to read the descriptions of the abilities in the book to catch little discrepancies like these because it would have changed Joey and my game last night a lot.  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.