I got to play against my friend from Seattle who used his Irish yesterday. The Irish are a good mix between the Welsh and a more combat based warband. They have units of 1 called champions that act like mini warlords. At first I thought they would be easy to deal with but the Irish also have several abilities that buff both the champions and warlords making them a real pain in the ass. We played battle at the ford and while I had some good rolling and early successes, I ended up getting bogged down and wasn't able to cause enough early damage. Our warlords did kill each other in a epic fashion on the bridge which is always cool. I think the main reason I lost was because I took a levy unit when we were only playing 5 points. If I had taken another warrior unit I would have had 6 saga dice a turn and a couple more bodies to eat up all his shooting. 

I still think Saga is a good game. It seems to be all about setting up powerful counter punches while taking your opponents strikes on the chin. If your units cant support each other than you are going to lose. Also there are a lot of ways to manipulate the 4 inch push back after winning a combat that can really add to the strategy of the game. 

any thoughts from you SAGA veterans on how the new book changes/clarifies the rule set? I'm the tortoise of tortoise and hare fame where my saga army is concerned but I am gaining ground. At the very least, I'll bring them primed. Black. The color of shame. The shame of the unpainted that will never be washed away, no matter how many times it is dipped into the steaming lye cauldron of ... wait wtf did I ask again?

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.