• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I predict that the new edition will fix a lot of the imbalances of the current, the first half dozen new codices will be nicely balanced, and although the Internet hive-mind will figure out a couple q

Yeah. I just hate it when people voluntarily agree to exchange their wealth for the goods or services voluntarily being offered by others. 🙄

As I've been saying for years, every time GW introduces a new product -- be it as major as a new edition or as minor as a redesigned paint brush cup -- the reactions are eerily predictable:  33%

Posted Images

I am thinking that Fragstorm Grenade Launchers are a trap.  They are only really more effective than storm bolters against units of 11+ models and in the 6" between rapid fire range of bolters and max range of the grenades, but can not be used in close combat.  Since Dreadnoughts always rapid fire bolt weapons, grenades should be avoided.

EDIT: I made this post because I just learned fragstorm grenade launchers are blast weapons.

6C30D894-F5CD-4C08-B6BF-0F9A404BC483.jpeg.c1fe4f796329ceb8cd15a1514cfd5b75.jpeg

The distance between the pivot point of a Leman Russ Battle Tank turret to the tip of it’s muzzle is about 4”...

Simple geometry means that if spun in a complete 360° circle, the muzzle would travel approximately 25”...

An undamaged Leman Russ has a Movement characteristic of 10”... 

Therefore, a Leman Russ tank cannot rotate its turret by more than 144° in a single Movement phase (and this will decrease as it takes damage)...

However, weapons do not have facings (with the sole exception of the Warlord Battle Titan’s rear mounted lascannons for some reason?) so there is no need to ever rotate a turret...

This is the single most complicated and most unnecessary rule I have seen from GW in over twenty years! 

1 minute ago, jesselowe said:

In the sentence "The distance a model moves is measured using the part of the model's base (or hull) that moves furthest along its path (including parts that rotate or pivot)" does the word in bold refer to the model or to the base/hull/rotating part?

Whichever moved the furthest

Let me rephrase: Which of these would be the correct rewriting of the rule?

A) The distance a model moves is measured using the part of the model's base (or hull) that moves furthest along the model's path (including parts that rotate or pivot).

B) The distance a model moves is measured using the part of the model's base (or hull) that moves furthest along the base's, hull's, or rotating/pivoting part's path (including parts that rotate or pivot).

Considering that there are no fire arcs for vehicle weapons, this is all a bit of a meaningless discussion. You don't need to rotate the turret or sponsons or whatever unless you just think it looks better, and anyone who's going to nitpick against you for trying to bring in a tiny bit of "rule of cool" by rotating your weapons to face what you're shooting at is probably a dickbag not worth playing against. Movement is the same; measure from point A on the vehicle at the start of the move to point A on the vehicle at the end of the move. 

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Considering that there are no fire arcs for vehicle weapons, this is all a bit of a meaningless discussion. You don't need to rotate the turret or sponsons or whatever unless you just think it looks better, and anyone who's going to nitpick against you for trying to bring in a tiny bit of "rule of cool" by rotating your weapons to face what you're shooting at is probably a dickbag not worth playing against. Movement is the same; measure from point A on the vehicle at the start of the move to point A on the vehicle at the end of the move. 

There are situations where you might need to rotate something. For example, if you are castling a Leman Russ behind an obscuring piece of terrain and surrounded it with a bunch of infantry, and don't want to move the infantry, then you can instead rotate a sponson or turret so that it can see around the terrain.

13 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Considering that there are no fire arcs for vehicle weapons, this is all a bit of a meaningless discussion. You don't need to rotate the turret or sponsons or whatever unless you just think it looks better, and anyone who's going to nitpick against you for trying to bring in a tiny bit of "rule of cool" by rotating your weapons to face what you're shooting at is probably a dickbag not worth playing against.

That’s how it should work, unfortunately the rules say it isn’t how it does work...

Movement is the same; measure from point A on the vehicle at the start of the move to point A on the vehicle at the end of the move.

But the rules say, explicitly, to measure along the path that it travels. If the rotating barrel moves 12”, then the model moved 12”...